MRI Technologist (PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Provide diagnostic MRI studies officially and completely for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic and...
Job Views ( 3 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Provide diagnostic MRI studies officially and completely for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders under the direction and supervision of Radiologist while maintaining professional ethics.
* Duty 1: Selects proper technique and protocols pertaining to the MRI department, including paperwork, and demonstrates complete working knowledge of all hardware and software.
* Duty 2: Consistently able to multi-task, work in a timely manner and adjust to busy or stressful situation easily and calmly.
* Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge of the department and management line of authority and follows proper lines of communication. Shows good problem solving skills and seeks guidance and direction as necessary.
* Duty 4: Regularly strives to educate themselves regarding new procedures equipment etc. within the MRI Department and shows willingness to learn new procedures.
* Duty 5: Coordinates with other departments, radiologist, and offices to enhance the imaging productivity, customer satisfaction, and referral pattern.
* Duty 6: Explains procedures to patient ensuring understanding comfort, safety and privacy as well as inquiring of patient, and /or representative, a thorough medical history, as it pertains to procedure being done.
* Duty 7: Adheres to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations as they pertain to the department and/or regulatory agencies.
* Registered in one of the following areas: Radiologic Technology (ARRT), Nuclear Medicine (CNMT) Magnetic Resonance Imaging (ARRT or ARMRIT) or Radiation Therapy (ARRT).
* If registered in an area above other than Magnetic Resonance Imaging (ARRT or ARMRIT),the associate must then pass an advanced level examination in MRI through either the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) or the American Registry of MRI Technologist (ARMRIT) within 24 months of hire date
* BLS Certification within 30 days of hire
* On-call duties require the associate to arrive at the facility within 45 minutes after being contacted by hospital personnel.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* 12-18 Month MRI experience
This position requires a full range of body motion including handling and lifting of patients. Associate must be able to lift intermittently 50 pounds or more throughout the day. Total lifting time per day is approximately one hour. This position requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. The position does require some bending, kneeing and twisting. The associate must be able to push and pull the patient while providing treatment. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range to provide efficient patient care. Individual must have excellent eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity to operate equipment and to perform injections. The associate must be able to tolerate a cold work environment of 68 degrees. Individual must be able to work by themselves to take on-call and weekend assignments.
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help