Network Engineer I
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary role of the Network Engineer I is planning, engineering, and support of the organization’s network...
Job Views ( 3 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary role of the Network Engineer I is planning, engineering, and support of the organization’s network and computing infrastructure; including implementation and design of hardware and software.
* Duty 1: Maintain and update documentation and knowledge base articles for job duties and responsibilities
* Duty 2: Interface with end users to resolve problems, determine best methods of solving issues, troubleshoot problems, etc.
* Duty 3: Prepare for and participate in meetings with supervisors and other to provide status updates, describe upcoming requirements, outline areas of deficiencies, etc.
* Duty 4: Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies to the organization. Including but not limited to participating in technology forums and industry user-groups
* Duty 5: Utilizes change management process for all system changes
* Duty 6: Coordinate the ordering of network electronics as required.
* Duty 7: Implementation for expansions and changes to the network
* Duty 8: Maintain an accurate inventory of all network electronics, WAN/LAN circuits, and VPN’s.
* Duty 9: Participate in performing technology build, test, and deployment activities.
* Duty 10: Work with project management team, technical team, application team, and business unit to build server solutions, identify potential risks and develop plans for remediation
* Duty 11: Perform intrusion detection and prevention on DIA’s.
* Duty 12: Support enterprise switching, routing, and firewall platforms and hardware in an effective manner, including updates to software and firmware.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent IT certifications
* 3 to 5 years of experience with Windows, Cisco Systems, UNIX, Linux, Novell
* 3 to 5 years of experience with Switches, Routers, Hubs, Servers, Cables, Racks, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, ATM, MPLS
* Experience with Server Hardware including HP. Dell, IBM
* Cisco Wireless Network experience
* Strong analytical abilities and a thorough knowledge of networking essentials
* Citrix, Cisco, Active Directory, and advanced network knowledge
* Technical, analytical, interpersonal, training, and organizational skills
* Excellent communication skills including writing, editing, ability to lead groups in meetings and consensus building
* Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities with attention to detail
* Ability to be on call
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help