GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Network Specialist manages, implements, supports and evaluates the integration of technology into teaching and learning as well...
Job Views ( 5 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
The Network Specialist manages, implements, supports and evaluates the integration of technology into teaching and learning as well as the integration of operations technology into school support functions. Primary areas of focus include networking, hardware, security, software, projects, coordination and providing user support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Possess knowledge of policies and regulations relating to areas of responsibility
* Maintain computer, network, and VoIP phone systems.
* Support software applications including Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
* Monitor and maintain computer hardware
* Coordinate repair and refresh of computer and network hardware
* Develop/maintain inventories of computer hardware, software and phones
* Coordinate the technology-related aspects of onboarding new staff, including deploying computer hardware, account creation and training.
* Develop and monitor annual technology budgets, working with Department Heads to identify technology-related needs and expenses
*Participate in professional development activities including those offered by local, state and national organizations to stay abreast of emerging technologies
* Serve as a technology resource for staff by sharing knowledge and answering questions when appropriate
* Analyze, diagnose and resolve network, hardware and software issues
* Work effectively and collaboratively with diverse, non-technical staff both in diagnosis of technology problems and the communication of solutions
* Effectively communicate technology use procedures, including preventative measures as to correct technology-related problems.
QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Associate’ degree or equivalent training and relevant work experience in a technology
* Outstanding oral and written communication
* Leadership skills and experience working with a team to solve problems and manage projects.
* Excellent organizational skills that allow for effective management of multiple projects
* Ability to use computer equipment for word processing, data management and retrieval, audio/visual presentations, telecommunications and networking
* Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS and DHCP
* The ability to monitor and maintain firewalls, VLANs and network security
* Demonstrates ability to install, configure repair and maintain netorks, servers, networked Windows OS devices, their operating systems, peripherals and cables
* Demonstrated ability to work cohesively and collaborate with staff
* Proven ability to respect confidentiality in the workplace and maintain office professionalism
* Background and criminal history clearance
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help