Job Description PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary purpose of this job is to direct and supervise the patient care portion...
Job Views ( 7 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this job is to direct and supervise the patient care portion of our Private Duty Division in accordance with guidelines established by our agency to govern private duty staffing services and regulations established by CMS or other payer sources. Assures the highest degree of quality care is provided to patients in their home settings at all times.
Duty 1: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the ages of the clients served and uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Assists PCS Supervisor in directing and supervising client care and completes the nursing assessment, care plan, and appropriate paperwork during the admission process. Evaluates client care during routine supervisory visits and updates the care plan as required.
Duty 3: In the absence of the manager and supervisor, responds to associate and client concerns, complaints, and suggestions in a responsive and professional manner. Encourages communication and displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision and values of the organization to promote client and associate satisfaction.
Duty 4: Monitors caregivers’ skills and identifies opportunities for teaching. Assists in providing quarterly in-services for the caregivers.
Duty 5: Demonstrates knowledge and skApply here: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YmJnZW5lcmljLjE4MDE3LjEwNTA4QGJsYW5jaGFyZHZhbGxleWNvbXAuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
* Current RN license in the state of Ohio
* Minimum of 1-2 years of general nursing experience with proven nursing assessment skills and ability to function independently.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements
* Commitment to and knowledge of the philosophy, mission and goals of the agency and standards and regulations governing it.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
* Home care experience preferred
* Experience with trach/vents helpful.
* Experience with pediatrics helpful.
This position requires a full range of body motions with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, sit for four to six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel and community involvement.
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help