PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this position is to provide the necessary support staff that is needed to...
Job Views ( 18 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to provide the necessary support staff that is needed to assist licensed staff, physicians and other healthcare providers in the Nursing Department. Under the direction of the Director of Inpatient Services and clinical supervision by a licensed nurse, floats to various areas in the Nursing Department and assists as directed with special procedures and performs designated patient related duties according to established policies and procedures.
Duty 1: Performs all duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Duty 2: Maintains all departmental and unit specific competencies for the support and provision of patient care.
Duty 3: Assist with patient care and room preparation as directed by nursing staff or designee to address patient needs and safety.
Duty 4: Demonstrate knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit/department to facilitate the identification and reporting of changes in patient condition or behavior.
Duty 5: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 6: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 7: Demonstrates psychosocial skills in providing emotional support to both the patient and family. Possesses an understanding of psychological reactions to illness and injury as well as behavioral responses to crises.
Duty 8: Orders and restocks patient care supplies as needed to provide stock to meet daily patient care needs.
Duty 9: May assist RN staff with other duties in which associate has received documented formal training, and has completed and been approved under BVHS competencies. Examples may include but not limited to, Foley insertion, dressing changes, colostomy bag changes
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
* High school graduate or GED equivalent required
* Currently enrolled Junior or Senior student in a Bachelor of Science Nursing Degree program
* Must have a minimum of one completed quarter or semester of clinical experience
* CPR Certification required
* Works a minimum of 2 shifts per month
* Willingness to float to various floors as needed
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status.Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* GPA of 3.0 or higher
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the Shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
View Job at OMJ
18 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help