Occupational Health – Clinical Assistant (MA)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Under the supervision of the provider and nursing staff, assists in minor office procedures, injections, phlebotomy, lab...
Job Views ( 6 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Under the supervision of the provider and nursing staff, assists in minor office procedures, injections, phlebotomy, lab procedures, sterilization of instruments as well as duties assigned to the MOA and clerical duties for Well at Work Occupational Health office.
Duty 1: Manages daily patient and provider flow.
Duty 2: Assists with patient care as required.
Duty 3: Ensure that exam rooms are prepared for each visit as needed. Able to know, understands and follows directions as given by the provider.
Duty 4: Able to know, understand and follow directions as given by the provider.
Duty 5: Conducts blood draws, vital signs, audiometry, pulmonary function, visual acuity, urinalysis and injections.
Duty 6: Performs “clerk” duties as needed; Schedules patient appointments, update demographic information, answer phones, assists clients with employer portal, etc..
Duty 7: Assist provider with chart documentation.
Duty 8: Other duties as assigned within the Clerk and MOA job descriptions.
* Medical Assistant Certification.
* Experience/ Competency in giving injections/blood draws required.
* Required within 6 months of hire or transfer: Certified Professional Collector (CPC) for drug screens, NIOSH approved Spirometry training, Certification as a Breath Alcohol technician, and Certification as an Audiometric Technician.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirement.
* Typing and medical terminology experience required.
* Knowledge of office procedures and equipment/instruments.
* Competency demonstrated to provide injections and blood draws.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* 1-3 years’ experience in Occupational health and Strong Knowledge of Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation rules and guidelines, desired.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, stand for five hours a day and sit for two hours. The individual must be able to lift twenty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity to operate machines. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to communicate with patients, providers, and co-workers. The associate must have vision corrected and hearing in the normal range.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help