Occupational Health Medical Office Assistant
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Assist in all office activities associated in accordance with established standards of operations. Under the supervision of...
Job Views ( 8 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Assist in all office activities associated in accordance with established standards of operations. Under the supervision of the Physician, assist in minor office procedures, injections, phlebotomy, lab procedures, sterilization of instruments and clerical duties.
Duty 1: Performs a variety of routine clinical and administrative tasks to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the clinic.
Duty 2: The Medical office assistant is clinically competent. Assists in the delivery of basic direct patient care under the supervision of a licensed nurse or provider. Clinical duties include preparing patients for exams, obtaining vital signs, performing venipunctures, performing drug screen collections and administering various tests which he/she is qualified to perform.
Duty 3: Performs general office functions including obtaining patient information, establishing patient charts and completing various forms.
Duty 4: Performs the duties of the Office Representative in his/her absence to promote optimum care for the patient.
Duty 5: Responsible for taking calls for after-hours drug screens as required based on clinic location.
Duty 6: Obtain all necessary patient information and signatures in compliance with HIPPA
Duty 7: Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate regulatory agencies and is compliant.
Duty 8: Maintains appropriate educational experiences for skill level.
Duty 9: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 10: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and compliance.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* High School graduate or GED equivalent.
* Required within 30 days of hire or transfer: BLS certification.
* Required within 6 months of hire or transfer: Certified Professional Collector (CPC) for drug screens, NIOSH approved Spirometry training, Certification as a Breath Alcohol technician, and Certification as an Audiometric Technician.
* Good organizational and communication skills.
* Knowledge of Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation rules and guidelines, desired.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Graduate of an accredited Medical Office Assistant program.
* National Certified Medical Office Assistant (NCMOA), desired.
* Certified in Phlebotomy, desired.
* Previous experience in an Occupational Health or Clinic setting. Demonstrated proficiency in venipuncture/phlebotomy. Knowledge of Medical Termin
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help