Occupational Health Nurse – (LPN or RN) – PRN
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The Occupational LPN is to be clinically competent. Delivers care to patients utilizing the nursing process...
Job Views ( 18 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Occupational LPN is to be clinically competent. Delivers care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation under the direction of a Licensed Provider or the Director.
* Duty 1: Plans and develops interactions with the physician practice for health related services appropriate to skill level and based on current industry standards to ensure exceptional patient care.
* Duty 2: Collaborates with Physicians regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
* Duty 3: Effectively interacts with patients and their employers while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
* Duty 4: Serves as a working leader in conjunction with the Medical Office Assistant for clinic processes.
* Duty 5: Is able to identify the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
* Duty 6: Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate regulatory agencies and is compliant.
* Duty 7: Maintains appropriate educational experiences for skill level.
* Duty 8: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
* Duty 9: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and compliance.
* Graduation from accredited nursing school required
* Current license as LPN or RN in the state of Ohio.
* Required within 30 days of hire or transfer: BLS certification.
* Required within 6 months of hire or transfer: Certified Professional Collector (CPC) for drug screens, NIOSH approved Spirometry training, Certification as a Breath Alcohol technician, and Certification as an Audiometric Technician (not required for PRN position).
* Previous nursing experience in a clinical setting, required.
* Good organizational and communication skills including observation, listening and interviewing skills.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* One to three years’ experience in an Occupational health setting.
* Knowledge of OSHA regulations and Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation rules and procedures, desired.
* Current license as an RN in the State of Ohio preferred, Minimum of LPN required.
Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
18 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help