PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Organizes and conducts occupational therapy programs in the hospital to facilitate rehabilitation in selected tasks to restore,...
Job Views ( 20 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Organizes and conducts occupational therapy programs in the hospital to facilitate rehabilitation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance; facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity, diminish or correct pathology and to promote and maintain health.
* Duty 1: Examines, evaluates, tests, and administers treatments of patients with physical disabilities, ADL limitations, acute/chronic disorders that may include neurological, musculoskeletal, wound, motor skills, sensory integration and/or social, psychological, cognitive skill deficits.
* Duty 2: Supervise plans of care implemented and rendered by the occupational therapist assistant. Ensure the understanding from the occupational therapist assistant of goals to be expected and changes to the plan of care during the course of treatment.
* Duty 3: Ensures understanding with the patient, family, referring doctors and other professionals regarding progress, problems, home programs, and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
* Duty 4: Develops, implements, and evaluates therapeutic occupational therapy programs and services that promotes occupational therapy.
* Duty 5: Accurately maintains records of work performed to ensure proper documentation, billing, scheduled appointments and hours worked in compliance of organizational, state, and federal regulations and to ensure patient continuity of care and patient satisfaction.
* Duty 6: Maintains equipment and supplies used as part of the therapeutic process.
* Duty 7: Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
* Duty 8: Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
* Duty 9: Continues professional growth by attending educational meetings, workshops, visiting related facilities, and reading professional literature as regulated by governing boards, and licensure requirements.
* Duty 10: Participates in 4 activities per year within the community that promotes the rehabilitation department.
* Duty 11: Attends 10 staff meetings per year to ensure proper communication of departmental/organizational progress, and /or changes.
* Duty 12: Accurately documents patients scheduled appointments in conjunction with rehabilitation staff to ensure patient continuity of care and patient satisfaction. Acute setting- meet or exceed 2.0 units per patient visit. Outpatient setting- meet or exceed 3.0 units per patient visit.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited college or university.
* Valid and current license in the State of Ohio.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements.
* Knowledgeable in therapy procedure.
* Training in rehabilitative and restorative therapy practices.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to
View Job at OMJ
20 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help