Off Shift Electrician
Position Summary: The Electrician performs work associated with fabrication, installation, inspection, and repair of electric and power distribution circuits connected to...
Job Views ( 1 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Electrician performs work associated with fabrication, installation, inspection, and repair of electric and power distribution circuits connected to and including production plant machinery and equipment. The scope of the work includes layout, test, renovation, and repair of all types of Company electrical and electronic equipment utilized within the plant.
The electrician is responsible for installation and maintenance of electronic controls, timers, and programmable devices. Performs repair and service of equipment, such as replacement of fuses, relays, and plug in modules.
Electricians may use a variety of electrical hand tools, meters, and analytical instruments to test, examine, and repair faulty equipment. Maintains good housekeeping in job work areas. Obtains necessary material required for job and completes proper job work orders or other documentation required within maintenance operation. This will be an off shift position.
- Uses electrical & mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams, or other specifications to install and maintain switchboards, outlet boxes, light fixtures, transformers, circuit breakers, and all types of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Inspects electrical and electronic equipment for defects, including motor insulation checks, air gaps, and load variation. Must be able to correctly and safely use the proper tools and instruments to efficiently complete the task.
- Responsible for installation and repair of motors (DC motors and controllers, AC motors, controls, and programmable controllers).
- Responsible for testing new, modified, or repaired equipment prior to turning over to production. Assures that installations and repairs are consistent with standards established by the Maintenance Supervisor, Plant Engineer, or any other authority assigned by management to direct electricians.
- Responsible for following established preventative maintenance procedures as assigned.
- Removes and replaces guards or other minor machine elements that interfere with assigned work.
- Inspects and analyzes operations or malfunctions of electronic equipment and controls such as controllers, timers, and recorders. Uses required analytical instruments such as oscilloscopes and
flow-meters to test, adjust, repair, and replace fuses, resistors, switches, and other electrical parts. Works from both mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Makes oral or written reports as requested by supervision concerning inspections, adjustments, and repairs.
- Tests machinery and equipment as necessary, at intervals and upon completion of all jobs to ensure proper operation.
- Reports all program changes and machine modifications to the plant engineering department. Assist with maintaining accurate wiring diagrams, control diagrams, and documentation of control programs and other required documentation.
- Changes pressure switches, cleans instrument faces, and replaces covers. Calibrates instruments and associated devices and replaced package items, such as complete instruments, thermocouples, and measuring devices.
- Responsible for advising department supervision of the need to shutdown unsafe equipment that may endanger the operator or product.
- Works within the spare parts inventory system and central stores area to maintain proper inventory of parts. Follows proper procedures for issuing in/out of material.
- Works within all safety standards and guidelines properly using all devices provided.
- Completes daily forklift inspection sheets.
- Keeps area neat and clean to meet department/plant housekeeping goals
- Follows and participates in all quality (IATF 16949) and environmental management systems(IS14001)
- Performs labor operations in accordance with the Company/Union labor Agreement and the plant rules and regulations.
- May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description. Performs other related duties.
Work Environment/Work Conditions:
- Work on the manufacturing floor and Maintenance Shop Area- drives forklift
- Must wear proper personal protection equipment while on manufacturing floor
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Minority/Female/Disabled/ Veteran VEVRAA. View the Equal Opportunity is the Law Poster here .
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete our online application or to participate in an interview, please let us know by emailing [email protected] with the subject line “Accommodation Request”. Application materials submitted through this email will not be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
Education and Qualifications:
- Rates of Pay: Electrician Tier I Tier II
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Journeyman’s card and 10 years of industrial experience is required
- Must know electrical and electronic theory and be familiar with the principles of action electrical currents and voltages under the variety of condition which it will be found in equipment for which he is responsible.
Will hold all of the education & qualifications as Tier I, and in addition.
- Will hold a certificate or Educational proof of completion of Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) schooling.
- Or as part of employment requirement complete the training within the first 18 months of employment with Cooper Standard after their probationary period.
View Job at OMJ
1 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help