Job Description GENERAL SUMMARY (Describe the overall duties and responsibilities of the job): 1. Oversee the daily...
Job Views ( 14 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
1. Oversee the daily operations of manufacturing.
2. Coordinate, plan, and direct the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties required for successful job performance):
1. Review processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
2. Direct and coordinate production activities of the organization to ensure that production stays on schedule and within budget.
3. Provide daily supervision, leadership, development, coaching and motivation to all production-related supervisors. Conducts annual performance evaluation and goal-setting for all direct reports.
4. Adheres to and enforce company policies relating to conduct, safety, housekeeping, quality systems, etc.
5. Utilize production tracking systems and other operational reports to analyze production in order to detect production problems and to find ways to make the process more efficient.
6. Review operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
7. Prepare and maintain production reports.
8. Maintain knowledge of the quality control requirements. Monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
9. Coordinate process improvement and cost reduction programs; ensure goals are met and maintained.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE (These are the traditional minimum, or required, bona-fide occupational qualifications and other requirements of most people in this job).
1. Bachelor’s degree in Management or business-related field, or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum of five years’ experience in a production environment with supervisory experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those needed to perform the essential functions of the job).
1. Excellent oral communication skills – able to speak to others to convey information effectively, listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, and the ability to comprehend information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
2. Coordination – adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
3. Judgment and Decision Making – considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
4. Management of Personnel Resources – motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
5. Ability to effectively present and train – selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
6. Critical thinking and problem solving – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
7. Monitoring — monitoring/assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, systems, or processes to make improvements or take corrective action.
8. Good organizational and time management skills; Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
9. Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, lean manufacturing principles, scheduling and inventory control, and basic knowledge of ergonomic principles
10. Good MS-Office skills, with proficiency in Excel and Plexus
11. Proficient SPC skills
12. Minimum of basic budgeting / accounting skills
REQUIRED DECISION-MAKING AND ORGANIZATION IMPACT (Describe the typical types of decisions made by employees in this job and the likely impact of those decisions on the Company).
1. Oversee the daily operations of manufacturing. If actions and/or decisions are not effective this can cause production shutdowns.
2. Coordinate, plan, and direct the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with cost, quality, and quantity requirements. If proper coordination is not done the company will not be able to fulfill production requirements with quality products on time for the least cost.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS (Indicate job titles for this job’s supervisor and direct reports).
1. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
2. Direct reports include all other plant-level production related personnel including Production Supervisors and Planner/Scheduler.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Describe the environment within which the work is performed).
1. Operations Managers will split their time between the production floor and office environment.
2. Occasional travel is possible, usually day trips
3. Overtime of varying levels may be required with this position. Must be on call to deal with emergencies at any time.
1. Able to travel within the manufacturing area of the plant.
2. Periodically may require standing/walking for extended periods of time.
View Job at OMJ
14 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help