Position Summary The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall productivity, quality, safety, and execution of the custodial team,...
Job Views ( 10 )
Bowling Green, OhioHancock County
The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall productivity, quality, safety, and execution of the custodial team, which maintains 5 million square feet of space. Facilities include Residence halls, classroom buildings, athletics facilities, and the Bowen-Thompson Student Union. The position maintains an efficient schedule that supports campus facilities and operations, as well evolving demands. The role also manages the ongoing contracts for Campus Services, including but not limited to Nichols, Fastenal, and EcoLab. The position provides supervisory support and oversight for six custodial supervisors and over 100 custodial staff members as well as multiple Building Maintenance staff members, in a 24-hour operation/7 days per week. The Operations Manager also serves as an on-call position rotation outside of normal working hours, responding to staff and campus concerns. The position reports directly to the Director of Campus Services.
The position ensures organizational compliance with laws, policies, and procedures for a variety of functional areas including budget, finance, accounting, purchasing, personnel, capital improvements, housing, and facilities.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develops and directs the implementation operations initiatives, building audits, standards, and programs to insure efficient utilization of resources across campus.
- Provides leadership for Sr. Zone Supervisors, Building Maintenance Operators and custodians. Directs and oversees implementation of the departmental work plan, assigned work, activities, and projects.
- Manages and schedules external vendors required for operations for large and small projects. Works collaboratively to ensure proper billing.
- Manages and directs university personnel by overseeing custodial operations, including supervisors, Building Maintenance Operators (BMO’s), custodial staff and contractors as needed.
- Manages outside vendors and contractors for small project implementation. Manages outside vendors and contractors for annual carpet cleaning, remediation, and other facility enhancements and repairs.
- Participates in cross campus, community and State meetings/teams relating to facility operations, custodial support and maintenance committees.
- Effectively provides leadership, communication, direction, and talent development to Campus Operations team members.
- In conjunction with key decision makers, work to set mutually beneficial annual goals and strategize to increase utilization of all services and programs in order to meet/exceed budget goals and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Monitor productivity and quality objectives of operations personnel and work in conjunction with the other areas of Campus Operations to help develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to production efficiency, inventory management, quality, fulfillment accuracy and on-time delivery of work.
- Assists in the planning and preparation of the high-volume seasonal operations plan (capacity, labor forecasting, scheduling, work order fulfillment, etc.). Initiate changes designed to improve control and efficiency of Campus Operations
- Identify and eliminate waste that will result in an increase in customer satisfaction and productivity improvements.
- Lead key productivity initiatives by collaborating with cross functional groups to improve established objectives, plans, and schedules thereby increasing operational effectiveness.
- Utilize quality process disciplines to evaluate, revise, and implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Review daily/project productivity and resource efficiency goals by tracking specific metrics, including workflow, labor and costs.
- Create a collaborative environment by seeking guidance from peers, operations management staff, or other departments when necessary to achieve common goals.
- Promote clean, safe work areas by continuously implementing and enforcing company safety programs and policies.
Other Administrative Responsibilities
- Serves as a member of the on-call staff rotation
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that comply with OSHA regulations
- Serves on selected governance and event committees
- Administers performance appraisals
Full-time, Administrative staff positions available. Administrative Grade Level 356. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: January 29, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Lean, Cost Reduction Principles, Change Management and the ability to look at new and different approaches to solving problems.
- General knowledge of operations and /or scheduling
- General knowledge related to facilities and operations, construction and/or project management
- General knowledge of vendor management principles
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others toward mutual objectives and able to influence across non-direct reports on cross functional teams
- Crisis management experience a plus
- Ability to deal with difficult people and seek a positive outcome, excellent customer service skills
- Proven skills in managing teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated high integrity and intellectual honesty
- Possess a team-oriented approach towards the organization its mission and goals
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, high-energy individual who can multi-task well
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to react quickly to resolve problems
- A strong work ethic, with solid organization skills
- The temperament and charisma required to guide the work of others, with the capacity to function as a catalyst, coach and doer.
- Computer skills
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Education, Supply Chain, Construction Management, Economics or related is required. A Master’s degree in Business or related field is preferred. Successful candidate must have Bachelor’s degree conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3 years management responsibility
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help