Ostomy Educator & Navigator-Wound RN
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this job is to work with the clinical manager to develop, organize, and...
Job Views ( 1 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this job is to work with the clinical manager to develop, organize, and implement and provide services in an Outpatient Ostomy Program for BVHS, including, process development, policy development, compliance and billing, patient intake, and community outreach. In addition, will work as an outpatient wound nurse performing the primary function of an RN in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patients in the Wound Center. This person is responsible for meeting the established Wound Care Standards of Nursing Practice in the management of all assigned patients while acting within the guidelines of Federal and State Laws, JCAHO Standards, professional and ethical practice.
Duty 1: Direct accountability for overall development and growth of, an Outpatient Ostomy Program. Assesses current processes and generates new ideas for improvement while seeking ways to maintain productivity. Assumes accountability for identifying problems and issues, generating solution and anticipate the effects of those decisions.
Duty 2. Develops and leads implementation of an Outpatient Ostomy Program consistent with the BVHS Strategic Plan. Uses appropriate decision-making model that used planning, researching, and implementing in a timely manner in order to develop strategies that will promote growth and financial stability.
Duty 3. Maintains strong working relationships with community stakeholders
Duty 4. Accountable for patient and physician satisfaction related to the medical services provider. Will conduct him/herself in a manner that is supportive of BVHS’s commitment to excellence
Duty 5. Acts in a collaborative fashion with other disciplines and services in order to provide an exceptional continuum of care.
Duty 6. Monitors overall project progress and milestones and prepares key status updates.
Duty 7. Develops solution benefit metrics and supports business case development
Duty 8. Readily recognize and assess initial alterations in the patient’s body systems and verbalize the clinical information to other members of the wound center’s team.
Duty 9. Records clinical information in an orderly fashion, and communicate pertinent information with the assigned panel physician and all other health care team members
Duty 10. Photograph, assess, and measure all wounds accurately and in accordance with policy.
Duty 11. Will continually assess compliance to the clinical pathway and be instrumental in bringing to the attention of the panel physician or health care team missing components that will slow the wound healing process.
Duty 12. Prioritize and formulate desired outcomes specific to the patient’s problems and wound center protocols.
* Current Ohio license as a Registered Nurse (RN).
* Must have a minimum of 2 years of floor nursing experience
* Ostomy certification or must obtain certification in ostomy care within one year of taking position
* Strong organizational skills, with the ability to focus detailed concentrated effort to multiple projects and re-establish priorities as necessary. Ability to effectively respond to time sensitive issues and meet deadlines.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate the knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate informa
View Job at OMJ
1 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help