Patient Access Benefits Advisor/Authorization Specialist (PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Arranges for the efficient and accurate resolution to pre service insurance authorizations. When appropriate, provides general information...
Job Views ( 8 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Arranges for the efficient and accurate resolution to pre service insurance authorizations. When appropriate, provides general information regarding hospital policies and procedures related to insurance benefits, patient rights, and patient financial responsibilities. Responsible for providing extraordinary customer service.
Duty 1: Monitors the Incomplete authorization worklist for all procedures/surgeries/inpatients and checks for authorization requirements via phone, fax, or online method
Duty 2: Updates worklist appropriately
Duty 3: Works with ancillary areas, Physician offices, insurance companies, and Utilization Review to obtain insurance authorization
Duty 4 Prepares WAIVERS to provide the patient an estimated cost for their procedure and communicates information related to this to Physician offices, patients and point of access areas when authorization is not obtained.
Duty 5. Communicates with Central Scheduling-Registration and other areas notifying to make updates to encounters as requested. Ex: Place on ‘hold’, ”Waiver attached’, etc
Duty 6 Updates insurances as needed.
Duty 7: Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skills and competency levels.
Duty 8: Has ability to problem solve and offers assistance as needed to all customer groups.
Duty 9: Performs all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with and supportive of the mission and value statement of Blanchard Valley Health System.
* High school graduate or GED equivalent
* Insurance verification and authorization experience
* Data entry and/or PC experience
* Medical terminology and CPT coding coursework or knowledge
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* Some related college preferred
* Registration experience
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent bending, squatting, kneeling, and twisting. This position requires an individual to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally and push patients in wheelchairs (100-350 lbs). The individual must have excellent eye/hand coordination to operate various office machines. This position requires corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help