Patient Access Benefits Advisor/Medicaid – 40 hrs/wk, 1st shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Arranges an efficient and effective interview process to screen patients for Medicaid eligibility and/or eligibility for...
Job Views ( 9 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Arranges an efficient and effective interview process to screen patients for Medicaid eligibility and/or eligibility for other assistance programs, acting as a Liaison between BVHS and ODJFS.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
Duty 1: Assist all patients with all eligibility for programs including Medicaid, HCAP and CHARITY.
Duty 2: Conducts patient interviews gathering pertinent information and documentation to assist with traditional, presumptive and disability eligibility.
Duty 3: Use all tools and systems to screen patients including, Relay Health Advocate, Rev Runner, and ODJFS/MITS/ Presumptive Medicaid/National Insurance Exchange.
Duty 4: Acts as a Liaison between the patient and ODJFS, assisting with the interview process.
Duty 5: Run and maintain appropriate reports to identify patients with potential eligibility.
Duty 6: Run and maintain appropriate reports to follow up with patients when ‘Final Billed’ status in established.
Duty 7: Establish and maintain a process for eligibility follow up when needed.
Duty 8: Establish and maintain reporting to effectively monitor the number of patients screened and the number of patients granted eligibility for all programs.
Duty 9: Acts as liaison between the facility and patient/family to resolve problems and/or address complaints. Explains registration procedures, wait time expectations, hospital policies, and responds to questions/concerns regarding insurance benefits.
Duty 10: Participates in a variety of unit and hospital educational programs to maintain current skills and competency levels. Participates in and fully supports New hire and other department training and shadowing. Provides a positive learning environment and compassionate mentoring.
Duty 11: Has ability to problem solve and offers assistance as needed to all customer groups. Assists in Patient Access as needed.
Duty 12: Performs all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with and supportive of the mission and value statement of Blanchard Valley Health System.
* Associates Degree, or equal amount of experience.
* Department of Job and Family Services or Medicaid screening experience required.
* Data entry and/or PC experience required.
* Medical terminology coursework or knowledge required.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status.
* Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help