Patient Accounting Specialist – 40 hrs/wk, 1st shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary purpose of this job position is to perform the day-to-day functions of the Patient Accounting...
Job Views ( 9 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this job position is to perform the day-to-day functions of the Patient Accounting Department. The associate will fulfill billing and collections functions related to all patient or client accounts assigned and maintain compliant and accurate documentation on all account activity.
Duty 1: Responds to telephone traffic with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel in a courteous and timely manner. Relays accurate information promptly to the appropriate party for A/R reduction and patient satisfaction.
Duty 2: Assures confidentiality of patient information. Maintains compliant documentation and records in accordance with Federal and State regulations in patient account files. Accurately documents all account activity. Adheres to all HIPAA related privacy, security and transaction & code set regulations in compliance with the Federal guidelines
Duty 3: Performs primary and secondary billing functions related to all client or patient accounts, including the creation of a detailed bill and required primary & secondary insurance claims forms as applicable. Understands payer specific guidelines for prompt payment and reduction of A/R.
Duty 4: Performs all insurance related follow-up duties including the working of Aged Trail Balance Reports. Contacts insurance companies and patients when necessary on insurance collections. Handles all Explanation of Benefits related to billing denials to reduce A/R and Bad Debt expense.
Duty 5: Operates all departmental equipment, performs clerical functions and data entry, typing and filing. Develops, interprets and utilizes computer reports as required to accomplish timely & accurate reporting within Patient Financial Services and BVRHC for account billing and follow up.
Duty 6: Regularly attends and actively participates in staff meetings, in-service and continuing education programs as offered. This provides needed educational updates for compliancy & organizational changes in the healthcare industry.
* High school graduate or GED equivalent
* Basic knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
* CRT Data Entry, typing, filing and/or PC experience
* Familiar with Microsoft Office Products
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* Medical terminology
* ICD-9/ICD-10 and/or CPT Coding knowledge
* 2 years of physician and/or hospital billing experience
* Familiarity of hospital policy and procedures
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help