Pharmacy Technician III – Integrated Care (24 hrs/wk)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION To assist the pharmacist with clinical and operational responsibilities performed in all inpatient and outpatient locations. JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES *...
Job Views ( 11 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To assist the pharmacist with clinical and operational responsibilities performed in all inpatient and outpatient locations.
* Duty 1: Ability to perform all functions of a pharmacy technician in the outpatient pharmacy including the filling of prescriptions, inventory control, medication ordering, and electronic order entry.
* Duty 2: Has a working knowledge of the most common medications used in the outpatient setting and is capable of entering these medications into the electronic health record with accuracy.
* Duty 3: Is capable of performing patient medication histories using the appropriate scripting developed by the pharmacy leadership team. Asks appropriate questions of the patient to develop the most accurate medication list possible.
* Duty 4: Utilizes all tools available to develop the most accurate medication list possible. These tools include but are not limited to prescription claims data, consultation with outside pharmacies, physician offices, and other health care settings, and previous health care records.
* Duty 5: Ability to perform basic inpatient pharmacy technician distributive functions including medication delivery, operating the pharmacy robotics system, re-stocking supplies, refilling the automated dispensing cabinets, and all controlled substance security procedures.
* Duty 6: Able to perform all functions related to our drug diversion prevention program including OARRS reporting.
* Duty 7: Works collaboratively with the pharmacists and acts under their guidance on all clinical related activities.
* Duty 8: Able to perform all prescription delivery functions including billing, signature capture, and medication security.
* Duty 9: Acts as a role model for other pharmacy technicians and ensures a positive work environment.
* Duty 10: Checks periodically for outdated or old stock. Completes medication safety inspections and required reports periodically.
* Duty 11: Ability to work in an emergency, critical care, or inpatient setting involving medical procedures and potential body fluids. Follows all infection control procedures including hand washing.
* Duty 12: Ensures that patient’s home medications are secured and that all procedures are followed related to medications security, labeling requirements, and storage in the main pharmacy.
* High school graduate with demonstrated Math/Science skills.
* Certification by the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (CPhT) or other agency at the discretion of the pharmacy director.
* At least 1 year of experience as a community pharmacy technician or graduate of a certified pharmacy technician training program.
* Typing and computer skills.
* Ability to perform short jobs and repetitive activities with accuracy.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, push, pull, climb, stoop, kneel, stand and walk a moderate amount. Some exposure to heat, cold, bodily injury and toxic substances. Visual acuity required.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
View Job at OMJ
11 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help