Phlebotomist – Fostoria Community Hospital – Per Diem – Variable – (45096)
Job Description Position Summary: The Phlebotomist collects products or specimens for basic procedures They follow strict principles of asepsis and antisepsis &...
Job Views ( 7 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
The Phlebotomist collects products or specimens for basic procedures They follow strict principles of asepsis and antisepsis & assist in the care of the patient prior to, during and after specimen collection. The phlebotomist determines, from like samples, combinations of tests and the associated acceptable minimum volumes. They are knowledgeable of pre-analytic variables, which may affect specimen analysis and are familiar with test synonyms and abbreviations, and cross-referencing tests to specimen types
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 28 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 56,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,100+ physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and nearly 400 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health. For more information about ProMedica, please visit www.promedica.org/aboutus. ;
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. A diploma from an accredited phlebotomy training institute OR significant phlebotomy experience.
- Professional registration preferred.
- Experience must be either: Six months’ experience in a high volume phlebotomy environment, or successful completion of an academic program which included substantial, practical clinical phlebotomy experience (EX: 8+ week clinical student rotation program in a hospital setting)
- Must be able to continuously move about department and between workstations.
- Must be able to understand directions and be able to communicate and respond to inquiries. Requires effective interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to disease bearing specimens, blood and body fluids.
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computer.
- Must be able to move, lift or carry materials or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs., up to 10% of the time.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help