Physical Therapist (PRN)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary purpose your position is to organize and conduct prescribed physical therapy programs in the hospital...
Job Views ( 6 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose your position is to organize and conduct prescribed physical therapy programs in the hospital to restore function and prevent disability following disease, injury, or loss of a body part; helps patient reach his/her maximum performance and assume a place in society while learning to live within the limits of his/her capabilities.
* Duty 1: Examines, evaluates, tests, and administers treatments to patients with physical disabilities or limitations, acute or chronic disorders that may include but not limited to neurological, musculoskeletal, amputations, and/or wound injuries.
* Duty 2: Supervise plans of care implemented and rendered by the physical therapist assistant. Ensure the understanding from the physical therapist assistant of goals to be expected and changes to the plan of care during the course of treatment.
* Duty 3: Ensures understanding with the patient, family, referring doctors and other professionals regarding progress, problems, home programs, and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
* Duty 4: Develops, implements, and evaluates therapeutic physical therapy programs and services that promote physical therapy.
* Duty 5: Accurately maintains records of work performed to ensure proper documentation, billing, scheduled appointments and hours worked in compliance of organizational, state, and federal regulations and to ensure patient continuity of care and patient satisfaction.
* Duty 6: Maintains equipment and supplies used as part of the therapeutic process.
* Duty 7: Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
* Duty 8: Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
* Duty 9: Continues professional growth by attending educational meetings, workshops, visiting related facilities, and reading professional literature as regulated by governing boards, and licensure requirements.
* Duty 10: Participates in 4 activities per year within the community that promotes the rehabilitation department.
* Duty 11: Attends 10 staff meetings per year to ensure proper communication of departmental/organizational progress, and /or changes.
* Duty 12: Accurately documents patients scheduled appointments in conjunction with rehabilitation staff to ensure patient continuity of care and patient satisfaction. Acute setting- meet or exceed 2.0 units per patient visit. Outpatient setting- meet or exceed 3.0 units per patient visit.
* Graduate of accredited Physical Therapy program.
* Currently licensed Physical Therapist in the state of Ohio
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department.
* The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help