Physical Therapy Assistant (Bridge Home Health)
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of a Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant is to implement patient plans of care under the...
Job Views ( 7 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant is to implement patient plans of care under the direction of the Physical Therapist. Under the direction of a Physical Therapist, performs tasks to maintain department in a neat and organized condition.
* Graduate of accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program
* Currently licensed in the State of Ohio
* Health Care provider CPR Certified
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status
* Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
Frequently pushes patients in wheelchairs (100-350 lbs.) into and out of treatment areas and adjusts patient’s position for table or computer access. Assists patients to adjust extremities or re-position upper body in chair. Frequently applies modalities, e.g. H.P., ultrasound, EGS. Frequently travels within building to locate patients on units, treat patients in other clinical areas, or to assist in-patient transport. Frequently transports patient’s folders, treatment materials, and office supplies (1-5 lbs.). Frequently pushes/pulls file and storage cabinet drawers to retrieve and return materials. Frequently changes body position from sit-stand or stand-sit during treatment, documentation, general office activities. Occasionally provides steadying or light assistance to ambulatory patients for standing or walking within the department or in hallways. Occasionally lifts/adjusts patient seated in wheelchair with or without assistance.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help