Plant Manager – Bakery Feeds
Job Summary The Plant Manager will oversee and participate in operations at our Bakery Feeds facility — will include oversight of safety, quality,...
Job Views ( 5 )
North Baltimore, OhioWood County
The Plant Manager will oversee and participate in operations at our Bakery Feeds facility — will include oversight of safety, quality, production, maintenance, capital planning and execution in a cost-effective manner while meeting all customer requirements. This is a hands-on working position managing other supervisors for a 24 hour operation.
- Support, mentor and develop plant management and supervisory personnel through regular coaching and formal development tools.
- Lead all safety improvement initiatives and create a safety-based culture.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all regulatory agencies including, FDA, OSHA, EPA, HACCP and other local and regional agencies.
- Prepare daily/weekly reports, analyze financial budgets and take corrective measures as needed.
- Maintains efficient and timely flow of all raw materials received and ingredients shipped.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts in all areas of responsibility.
- Review and lead local Capital Projects and planning process to ensure compliance and ongoing development of assets for ongoing success and improvement.
- Ensure all personnel properly trained and equipment is in good working order to meet ongoing and future business needs.
- Assure all finish product shipped is in accordance with all quality standards and specifications.
- Effectively manage and reduce energy use at facility.
- Manage local purchasing activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
Job functions will be carried out in a plant and/or office environment.
- High school diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of prior experience in management/supervision in industrial setting.
- Experience working in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- College degree in Engineering would be an asset.
- Feed Mill operations experience a plus.
- Labor relations background and leadership preferred.
- Technical background preferred.
- Detail oriented; highly organized.
- Ability to work well with internal staff.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated.
- Good math and computer skills.
- Occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods.
- Occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help