Portable Rip Rap Plant Operator
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services...
Job Views ( 3 )
Carey, OhioWyandot County
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
Oversee the safe and efficient operation of a crushing plant at various locations while maintaining a cohesive team environment with other co-workers and managers. Partner with associates and management to coordinate, support, and actively promote our safety processes. The Plant Operator will report directly to the Plant or Area Aggregates Manager and will comply with mandatory safety requirements and other functions of the team.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Safe and efficient operation and maintenance of a crushing plant and various locations.
- Site compliance of company safety standards.
- Repair and maintenance of plant components.
- Compliance, monitoring, and recordkeeping of site environmental requirements.
- Inventory monitoring and reporting.
- Housekeeping of plant and plant area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must complete required daily reporting.
- Maintain strong customer and supplier relationships.
- Conduct and take part in weekly safety Toolbox Talks training and internal safety inspections to ensure safety policies are practiced and enforced.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with Quality Control to assure specification requirements.
- Employee must join Local 18 IUOE within 60 days of employment.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
The Shelly Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help