How you’ll make a difference in this role: Under the direction of the Prevention Educator, you will demonstrate competence in delivering...
Job Views ( 5 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
How you’ll make a difference in this role:
Under the direction of the Prevention Educator, you will demonstrate competence in delivering classroom curricula to students ages K-12. You will provide community consultation and education services regarding mental illness and substance abuse prevention; participate in community prevention efforts; develop/maintain liaison relationships with schools/colleges/juvenile court. You will facilitate educational groups, deliver curriculum for parenting programs and coordinate logistics.
- Plan, coordinate and implement designated early childhood, mental health, and substance abuse prevention and community services; educate the general community on prevention programming.
- Implement various prevention curricula in designated environments; facilitate prevention education groups; provide prevention education to the general community on various early childhood, parenting, mental health and substance abuse topics.
- Coordinate scheduling of and helps implement parent/caregiver education and training in childhood social emotional development, behavior modification.
- Provide on-site consultation for child care providers; provide child care provider education and training on social emotional development. Provide individual and classroom consultations, including linking families to appropriate services for themselves and/or their children.
- Establish mutually respectful rapport and implement programs/services necessary to meet the needs of consumers; provide community consultation/education services regarding mental illness and substance abuse prevention; provide classroom behavioral assessments regarding children’s behavior management.
- Develop/maintain consultative and liaison relationships with other agencies, programs and individuals to cultivate working relationships, ensure adequate consumer care, provide consultative service and/or promote the coordination and development of prevention services.
Who are we?
We are a team of passionate individuals who provide prevention and specialized behavioral health and substance abuse services to individuals, children and families in our multicultural communities to strengthen family life and promote personal growth. We offer a nurturing environment focused on personal growth and self-care through trainings and the development of skills. Our agency is dedicated to supplying employees with the necessary skills and tools necessary to be successful in their roles.
Our employees are offered Health Insurance, Health Savings Account (HSA), Teledoc, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), PTO, Paid Holidays, and 403(b) Retirement.
Family Resource Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Work Place, a policy which prohibits the use, possession, and/or distribution of medical marijuana in the workplace. We base employment on qualifications, merit, and organizational/community need. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce representative of the citizens we serve
Who are you?
You are a professional who has attained any combination of education, training and work experience which indicates possession of the skills needed to perform the job responsibilities listed. An example of an acceptable qualification for this position is: Bachelors Degree in Education or related field is preferred and experience working with K-12 students. Availability to work evening and weekend hours to meet the needs of prevention programs.
View Job at OMJ
5 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help