Process Control Manager
Position Summary This position is responsible for the overall operation of the Campus Operations Help Desk. Develops and distributes service alerts/notifications,...
Job Views ( 9 )
Bowling Green , OhioWood County
This position is responsible for the overall operation of the Campus Operations Help Desk. Develops and distributes service alerts/notifications, performs access controls, and key distribution. Reviews and ensures financial data including vendors, labor, supplies, materials, and equipment are accurately entered into and assigned in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). This position ensures data operations controls align with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems for Operational efficiency and effectiveness. The incumbent of this position acts as the liaison for the business and technology processes and ensures alignment with budget parameters. Operational functions are optimized by focusing on the following integrals: product data management. This position successfully manages the operations labor calculations such as Association of Physical Plant Administrators (APPA) standards, and quality control measures and requests, and provides timely reports and analysis. Reviews labor rates and ensures system compliance regarding billable work for chargebacks and financial cost sharing. Trains departmental supervision and staff for improved compliance. Develops and maintains KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) for monthly and annual reporting.
Responds and becomes the hub for emergency response communications from the facilities department. Develops SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) and MOU’s (Memorandum of Understanding) with both on-campus and off-campus partners. Works with Budget and Business Offices on budget inquiries, supports departmental budget officer. Ensures alignment with CMMS and workflow through multiple software systems. The position reports directly to the Assistant Vice President for Campus Operations.
This position also ensures organizational compliance with laws, policies, and procedures for a variety of functional areas including budget, finance, accounting, purchasing, personnel, capital improvements, housing, and facilities.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages and directs all Help Desk activities and personnel, oversees key distribution and work order input.
- Process Improvement Specialist, understand the “current” process and process map / document thoroughly actively seeks continuous improvement, including but not limited to, standardization, business case analysis and ROI evaluation.
- Develops analytic tools across Campus Operations with key focus on data transparency and efficiency, including but not limited to the development and implementation of SLA’s, MOU’s and service expectations with on and off campus partners for services.
- Analyze data and use data as an enabler to strategic change. Actively help the operations evaluate waste and inefficiencies, gathers best practices, and evaluate them for implementation resulting in increased customer satisfaction and productivity improvements.
- Reviews any ongoing changes and updates to policies, processes, and technology and quality checks them as well as understands their impact on other campus departments.
- Evaluates new technologies and rationalizes existing tools. Actively recommends tools to support business needs, evaluates options, implements and be the champion for automation across the department.
- Provides leadership, information, direction, and talent development to Campus Operations team members.
- Provides leadership for cost control services related to entire campus aligning with other college departments, divisions, and outside agencies. Directs and oversees implementation of work schedules assigned work, activities, and projects. Oversees data inputs related to new and renovated building projects, reviews and evaluates projects in progress, contract compliance and quality control.
- Ongoing analysis of the business processes with a focus on improving budget compliance, accountability, and results
- Works collaboratively with the Campus Operations staff and other campus constituents’ team to understand issues and develop solutions.
- Key point of contact and driving force for business initiatives.
- Leads key productivity initiatives by collaborating with cross functional groups to improve established objectives, plans, and schedules to increase operational effectiveness.
- Develops and directs University wide facilities operations management reporting, communications, and training. Supports budget office to develop and forecast University budgets.
- Works collaboratively with Campus Operations staff and other campus constituents to ensure proper billing/chargebacks.
- In conjunction with key decision makers, work to set mutually beneficial annual goals and strategize to increase utilization of all services and programs in order to meet/exceed budget goals and ensure customer satisfaction
- Reviews daily project productivity for efficiency and goal tracking. This includes specific metrics, including labor workflows, costs, and chargebacks. Initiate changes designed to improve control and efficiency of Campus Operations.
- Create a collaborative environment by seeking guidance from peers, operations management staff, or other departments when necessary to achieve common goals.
- Other Administrative Responsibilities
- Serves as a member of the on-call staff rotation
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that comply with OSHA regulations
- Serves on selected governance and event committees
- Administers performance appraisals
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Pay Grade 356. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘November 23, 2022’.
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits, including:
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and more.
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and dependent children.
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training, supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous service.
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14% depending on the retirement program selected. Read More about the option that best fits your needs.
Learn more about Bowling Green State University and how we aspire to be the preeminent public university that creates public good in Ohio, the nation and world.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Ability to mine and interpret large amounts of data
- Ability to understand strategy and connect strategy to day-to-day activities
- Must by a Team player with strong interpersonal skills and possess the ability to be a business partner and work across all functions and all levels of the organization
- Must have the ability to garner support and drive change in a positive manner to create buy in and builds culture
- Must have strong analytical and technical skills
- Experience in Cost Reduction Principles, Change Management, and the ability to look at new and different approaches to problem solving
- General knowledge of operations and/or scheduling
- General knowledge of vendor management principles
- Must have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others toward mutual objectives and to influence across non-direct reports on cross functional teams
- Must have the ability to deal with difficult people and seek a positive outcome. Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Proven skills in managing teams
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated high integrity and intellectual honesty
Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s or master’s Degree in Business Administration, Education, Public Administration, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Construction Management, Information Technology or related is preferred. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 3-4 years management responsibility
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help