Advanced Drainage Systems EEO Statement: Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive...
Job Views ( 22 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Advanced Drainage Systems
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 2022-13133
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Advanced Drainage Systems
At ADS, no idea is off limits, and we celebrate creativity and bold moves. For more than 50 years ADS has been manufacturing a variety of innovative and environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional materials. Headquartered in Hilliard, Ohio, we are a multi-billion dollar stormwater management company, manufacturing pipe and ancillary products. What does that mean? When it storms, we capture rain with our drain basins, convey it with pipe, store it using chambers and finally treat it with our water quality products, before safely returning water back to the environment. We handle, what we call, the entire lifecycle of a raindrop. Our products help prevent flooding, which increases quality of life for people living in large cities, suburbs, and rural towns. We also believe in creating a circular economy and are the largest plastic recycling company in North America. We use plastic shampoo and detergent bottles to create pipe, diverting over 500 million pounds of plastic from landfills every year. ADS operates a global network of over 60 manufacturing plants and 30 distribution centers.
We have amazing stories to tell, and we need your help getting our story out there. To learn more about ADS, please visit our website at www.adspipe.com.
The Process Technician is responsible for supporting the manufacturing operations by helping to troubleshoot equipment and process problems in order to improve the safety, quality and productivity of the shift/plant. The Process Technician should be proficient with the production platforms of the operation and proactively work to increase the safe operation of equipment, the skills of manufacturing employees and improve processing techniques and productivity. The Process Technician should ensure that proper maintenance is completed by Line Operators and DST’s and assist as required. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required. A Process Technician reports to the Production Supervisor.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Practice proper PPE compliance and maintain a safe working record and environment
- Support training for all employees on the shift regarding the areas of safety and quality, as well as integral job functions
- Immediately communicate unsafe conditions, acts or injuries to Production Supervisor
- Support Production Supervisor by following and enforcing proper ADS policies and procedures
- Perform daily inspections of all equipment with an emphasis on safety, heater temps, backpressures and processing parameters
- Troubleshoot process and mechanical problems and perform repairs and adjustments to meet production needs
- Assist with Preventive Maintenance program as required
- Meet ADS and AASHTO quality specifications for all products produced
- Practice proper forklift operation and preventive maintenance
- Maintain ability to operate various production lines and processes effectively
- Maintain and build job skills through company training programs
- Expedite product changeovers in an efficient manner
- Maintain facility housekeeping
- Understand and practice ADS CORE VALUES
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Fully certified in applicable ADS production platforms
- Leadership skills
- Proven electrical, mechanical and process troubleshooting and repair abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Decision making and problem solving abilities
- The employee will lift and move heavy items, which will require the ability to repeatedly lift 75 pounds to a height of 6 feet
- The employee will be working specified shifts and moving around at all times, which will require the ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hours
- Facilities can be extremely hot or cold at times, so the employee must have the ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in temperature extremes
- The employee will be handling materials daily, which requires the ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods
- The Position requires full range of body motion on a daily basis including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles
View Job at OMJ
22 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help