Description Hirzel Canning Company feeds people. Hirzel Canning Company & Farms is a 5th generation family company with a passion for serving the community....
Job Views ( 6 )
Ottawa, OhioOther County
Hirzel Canning Company feeds people.
Hirzel Canning Company & Farms is a 5th generation family company with a passion for serving the community. Our Dei Fratelli brand is your source for locally-grown tomato and sauerkraut products. We seek individuals that share our core values, our commitment to future generations, and our passion for providing food that brings families together.
A few of the benefits you’ll experience at Hirzel Canning Company are:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Annual Pay Increases
- Employer 401(k) Matching
- Health Savings Account with Employer Contributions
- Health and Wellness Program
- Community Involvement
- Family-Centric Environment
Candidates must be willing and able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
JOB SUMMARY & KEY OBJECTIVES:
Responsible for performing general labor duties to assist in the production process. Jobs will involve movement between departments within the facility depending on production requirements and scheduling.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Execute all work in a safe manner.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices as required within the production facility.
- Perform different job functions on a rotating basis across different departments.
- Perform a variety of physical tasks that may involve anything from feeding materials into machinery, packaging items or storing items
- General cleaning assignments throughout the production area.
- Commitment to our purpose and core values
- Commitment to performing job duties in a safe manner and watching out for the safety of others
- Compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Takes ownership of work to make sure it is completed accurately, efficiently and on time. Will work with a sense of urgency, enthusiasm, and commitment and will encourage others to do the same.
- Will promote a positive attitude. Responsible to establish and maintain positive working relationships that are based on respect for all.
- Will embrace Plant/Company change and support its implementation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reaching with hands and arms
- Communication through speech and hearing and in writing
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work extended hours/days during harvest season
- Daily requirements:
- Bending, twisting, turning, reaching below the knee, pushing, pulling, squatting, kneeling, standing, walking, sitting
- Lifting requirements:
- Will regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Will frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be 18+ years old
- Ability to report to work every day
- Willingness to learn and follow directions
- Manufacturing experience is a plus, but not required
NOTE: Attendance on the job each and every day is absolutely essential to the efficient operation of the Company
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help