Production Scheduler SUMMARY: The Production Scheduler is responsible for developing manufacturing plans and schedules to ensure continuous workflow while optimizing material and capacity...
Job Views ( 18 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Monday through Friday 8AM – 5PM. Will vary, depending on workload. Works shift as assigned and overtime as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
- Follow all food and personnel safety rules and regulations including GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company and listed in the Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental Key Elements.
- Understands and is knowledgeable of the capacities and constraints of the various production and packing systems so that an optimal schedule can be achieved.
- Reviews and understands sales forecasts on a regular basis to accurately predict demand.
- Plans and publishes daily production schedules that optimize output and efficiency for the mill, packing department, bulk truck and railcar loading, and flour transfer systems.
- Coordinates and communicates all schedules so that capacity & capability align with daily/weekly shipping plans.
- Communicates with other key departments including transportation, sales, and operations to ensure alignment and to avoid customer service issues that may arise when demand outpaces capacity.
- Coordinates directly with MMC to ensure that the daily bulk truck shipping schedule is achievable and adjusts with MMC accordingly.
- Coordinates directly with the Milling and P&L departments on production needs and schedules daily, and adjusts plans accordingly.
- Is the centralized coordinator of all production plans. Engages and acts accordingly when discrepancies between demand and production output are discovered or flagged. Responds quickly and implements changes to plans when warranted.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory duties.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in the presence of airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection. Work involves exposure to common wheat allergens. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to an office environment
TO APPLY: www.mennel.com/careers
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Two to four years of production planning and/or supply chain experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (WORD, Excel, Outlook); SAP/APO, MRP systems, Prisma
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written communication are required.
- Must possess good organizational and administrative skills.
- Must have excellent cross functional communication and decision-making ability.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and maintain constructive relationships with co-workers.
- Must be able to process incoming information quickly and make decisions accordingly.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
View Job at OMJ
18 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help