Job Description Key Responsibilities Comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures. Provide leadership to employees using the GKN Six...
Job Views ( 8 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
- Comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership to employees using the GKN Six promises and cultural standards.
- Maintains a physical presence on the shift.
- Lead shift performance in safety, quality, delivery and productivity
- Manage the performance of team employees with the appropriate recognition, feedback, 2-way communication, and or discipline if necessary.
- Manage employee attendance information including vacation schedules, verification of time clock punches, Leave Of Absence(LOA)s, holidays, Overtime and any documentation.
- Create a safe environment by insuring that safety and 5S/housekeeping standards are met.
- Plan for employee training, development and cross-training.
- Responsible for identifying, developing and motivating team leaders
- Encourage positive employee engagement by supporting continuous improvement processes.
- Insure that correct process control and associated documentation is utilized.
- Insure conformance to QS9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and IATF 16949 procedures and work instructions.
- Manage team meetings related to quality, cleanliness, safety, productivity and continuous improvement.
- Routine and regular execution of Leadership Standard Work(LSW).
- Manage Key Process Indicators (KPI’s) and implement corrective actions to insure targets are met.
- Drive immediate action and urgency during critical stages including safety, downtime, quality containment, scrap, etc. Follow Escalation process.
- Ensure proper flow of information to and from the team by holding regular information meetings, rapid cascade of critical information and messages from management.
- Schedule line availability by working with support teams for Continuous Improvements activities, Maintenance Work Orders, Lean Training and any other activities needed; primarily for your Value Stream and Secondary for your shifts.
- In absence of Team Leader ensure all requirements are fulfilled.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills – Essential
5+ years experience in manufacturing and leading people.
Experience with lean manufacturing
High School Diploma- Required; Bachelors degree preferred.
Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
Good written, verbal communication and organizational skills
Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other applications.
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help