Job Brief This position functions in a manufacturing environment at a TA Retread facility where commercial truck tires are retreaded through...
Job Views ( 3 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
This position functions in a manufacturing environment at a TA Retread facility where commercial truck tires are retreaded through a series of manual and automated processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspecting and buffing tire carcasses for retreading
- Applying rubber compounds to retread the tire
- Curing retreaded tires
- Quality control of finished product
- Scanning tires in at each retread step to ensure accuracy of where each tire is currently located
- Observing and complying with all safety and liability guidelines and policies
- Using protective safety equipment to ensure safe operation of machines
Lift and carry merchandise, supplies and equipment up to an approximate weight of 50 pounds and be able to maneuver items weighing 100 lbs. or more. Frequently bend, stoop and reach in order to stock merchandise, service customers, reach safe drops, under and over counter supplies and goods, etc. Must be able to use arms above head/shoulder level. Requires upper body flexibility and strength, and being able to bend down and work under trucks. Climb a ladder or “step-up” to reach supplies stored in overhead areas. Stand/walk for shifts up to eight hours (short breaks are provided throughout the shift). Reach out and bend to operate all safety equipment, i.e., emergency cut-off switch, fire extinguisher, etc.
This job description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. TA Operating LLC reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either the incumbent or TA Operating LLC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing preferred.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team
- Must be goal oriented and able to consistently meet quality and production requirements
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude
- Read and write
- Communicate effectively with customers and employees
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help