Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Job Description Volunteers of America is currently hiring a 20 hour a week part-time Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner PMHNP to...
Job Views ( 10 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
Volunteers of America is currently hiring a 20 hour a week part-time Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner PMHNP to work in our Tiffin and Fremont locations.
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!
Our NP makes a difference in the lives of others – that’s what working at Volunteers of America is all about. Our employees have the opportunity each and every day to make a difference in the lives of older adults. From improving our senior participants quality of life, to creating peace of mind for them and their families, our team members know that as a part of our community, they are changing lives.
SUMMARY PERFORMANCE DESCRIPTION: Responsible for providing direct clinical services to patients within the scope of services allowed under the State Board of Nursing and in accordance with the rules and regulations of Treatment in Place. This includes performing history and physical examinations on assigned patients, provide consultation and liaison throughout hospital facility, perform daily rounds on patients as directed from supervising physician, prescribe medications and provide clinical assessments and diagnosis in accordance with the State law and individual, group, and family therapy, and other duties as may be assigned.
REPORTS TO: Assigned Physician Supervisor for H&P, Psychiatric Evaluations, diagnosis, medication management, therapies, and other clinical duties as assigned.
Executive Director for administrative duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
* Experience prescribing basic psychotropic medications for depression, anxiety and other psychiatric illnesses that would ordinarily be managed in a primary care setting.
* Must be able to perform initial and follow-up psychiatric assessments and provide medication management.
* Must be a participant of the Treatment Team.
* Able to work collaboratively and independently.
* Ability to exercise self-control in potentially volatile situations such as being verbally or physically confronted in a threatening or aggressive manner.
* Must be able to work and concentrate amidst distractions such as noise, conversation and foot traffic; ability to handle interruptions often and be able to move from one task to another.
* Must be flexible and not easily frustrated in dealing with differences of opinions.
* Must be able to set and maintain therapeutic distance with clients during treatment and following discharge.
* Master’s, postgraduate, or doctoral degree from a Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) (formerly NLNAC | National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission).
* Eligible for Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
REQUIRED LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Respective State Nursing License
Patient De-escalation Training Program
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Knowledge of educational responsibilities to staff, community and students; an understanding and appreciation of good physical and mental health. Knowledge of the nursing process, psychotropic drugs – their uses and side effects, communication skills, interest in continued professional growth, knowledge of new trends in mental health nursing or recovery process from chemical dependency; and can adapt to progress
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help