Psychiatric Rehabilitation Therapist
Job Description PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Provides structured activities designed to help a patient develop or maintain functional living skills including...
Job Views ( 21 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Provides structured activities designed to help a patient develop or maintain functional living skills including physical, social and creative skills through participation in activities of daily living, vocational, recreational, social, expressive, or other activities designed to promote patient recovery, resiliency and independence. Plans and implements 1:1 and group recreational activities for Psychiatric patients and performs tasks to maintain department in a neat and organized condition. Moderate exposure in regard to universal precautions. Assist patients with mental impairments or psychological illnesses. A person trained as rehabilitation professional is often responsible for administering therapy and providing counseling services. Behavioral management is usually included in the therapy. The therapist may also help with physical activities for patients.
Duty 1: Implements patient care plan as assigned by the Clinical Manager, and reports on patient condition, reactions, and response to treatment.
Duty 2: Implements patient care plans to patients in Orchard Hall, and facilitates open communication between patient, staff, and physicians to ensure continuity of care, and discharge planning.
Duty 3: Ensures understanding from the patient, family, referring doctor and other professionals regarding progress, problems, home programs, and other issues related to the therapeutic process.
Duty 4: Develops, implements, and evaluates therapeutic occupational therapy programs and services in Orchard Hall.
Duty 5: Accurately maintains records of work performed to ensure proper documentation, billing, and hours worked in compliance of organizational, state, and federal regulations.
Duty 6: Maintains equipment and supplies used as part of the therapeutic process.
Duty 7: Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
Duty 8: Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Duty 9: Continues professional growth by attending educational meetings, workshops, visiting related facilities, and reading professional literature to ensure compliance with regulating occupational therapy board, and state licensure requirements.
Duty 10: Participates in 4 activities per year within the community that promotes the rehabilitation department.
* Rehabilitation therapist means either an occupational therapist, occupational therapy assistant, a recreational therapist or an expressive therapist that is state licensed or certified by a recognized state or national body.
* Certified or registered by the Ohio recreational therapy registration board, national council for therapeutic recreation certification or is licensed, certified or registered by another recognized state or national body to practice recreational therapy. OR certified or registered by the national expressive therapist association, national association of music therapist, American association of music therapy, American arts therapy association, American dance therapy association or certified or registered by another recognized state or national body to practice expressive therapy.
* Flexibility with schedule to change at short notice.
* Be available on weekends and holidays – doesn’t necessarily need to be on campus, but does need to be available as needed during these times.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient seApply here: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YmJnZW5lcmljLjA3ODg0LjEwNTA4QGJsYW5jaGFyZHZhbGxleWNvbXAuYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
View Job at OMJ
21 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help