Psychiatric Tech – PRN
Job Description PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, Clinical Manager or designee,...
Job Views ( 8 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, Clinical Manager or designee, assists in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the activities occurring in the Nursing Station and on the unit by performing clerical and receptionist duties, direct patient care and maintaining the physical environment of the area.
Duty 1: Demonstrates knowledge and skill of office equipment and order entry systems to enable processing of orders in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
Duty 2: Processes patient, physician and staff communications in a time-conscience, organized manner to ensure information is relayed to the appropriate personnel.
Duty 3: Assist with patient care and room preparation as directed by nursing staff or designee to address patient needs and safety.
Duty 4: Orders and restocks office supplies as needed to provide adequate stock to meet daily unit needs.
Duty 5: Demonstrates knowledge of all unit specific competencies.
Duty 6: Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served to facilitate the identification and the identification and reporting of changes in patient condition or behavior.
Duty 7: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* Typing, Medical Terminology and Computer training or experience.
* Students in psychology, nursing, social work, criminal justice and administrative studies are encouraged to apply.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 daysof your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* Associate degree desired.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the Shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
8 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help