Public Relations Coordinator
Available Immediately Working at the Opportunity Center is a rewarding experience. Our program serves individuals with disabilities throughout their lifetime, from...
Job Views ( 6 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
Working at the Opportunity Center is a rewarding experience. Our program serves individuals with disabilities throughout their lifetime, from birth through adulthood. We are recruiting a public relations coordinator to maintain our strong relationship with the Seneca County community and continue our mission of improving the lives of people with disabilities.
This position will oversee all public relations efforts for the Seneca County Opportunity Center to promote the services of the board and maintain positive relationships. Duties will include:
- Developing, coordinating, creating and managing social media and agency web presence
- Creation of promotional materials including, videos, brochures and news articles.
- Develop short- and long-term media strategy to disseminate information to the public, employees, people and families served, and direct support professionals and providers.
- Compile and design outreach and dissemination of information including branding/logo, newsletter, tv, radio, social media, agency website, agency videos, newspapers, and other news sources
- Assist with special projects, assignments, grants, grant follow along/guidelines, and crisis communications.
- Assist with Developmental Disabilities Awareness month and other awareness campaigns.
- Develop and distribute satisfaction or informational surveys for families, community members, staff, or other groups.
This position is located in the Community Advocacy and Supports Department and will also assist with self-advocacy programs, events and classes. This position may facilitate and lead groups of individuals with disabilities related to self-advocacy and socialization within the community, and may transport individuals to and from such events as needed.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented; creative; experienced/comfortable utilizing various media, software and technology; and able to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with individuals, parents, guardians, staff, agencies, and the general public.
Compensation & Benefits
- Wages are commensurate with experience, base of range is $19.07 per hour
- Comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Participation in Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS)
- Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Sick leave, vacation leave, personal leave, paid holidays
- Voluntary wellness program
- Annual on-site health fair and flu shot clinic
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, resume, media samples/portfolio and list of references to Kimberly Groth, Director of Human Resources by email ([email protected]) or fax (419-448-5294).
The Seneca County Board of DD provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Social Services or related field
- 3 years experience relating to public relations and media preferred
- Professional experience in the developmental disabilities field preferred
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help