QA Manager FT Salary Exempt Office Worker Salary Range:$60,000.00 To 75,000.00 Annually Summary/Objective It is understood that this position is one of leadership that...
Job Views ( 15 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
Salary Range:$60,000.00 To 75,000.00 Annually
It is understood that this position is one of leadership that should be met with an ability to empower success through teamwork and self-satisfaction in making a significant contribution. Generally, he/she is responsible for being an expert and a driving force of innovation and improvement with regard to Webster’s manufacturing system. They are responsible for implementing quality control efforts to ensure that requirements for processing components, and other materials into finished goods and products conform to quality standards. Works directly with manufacturing to schedule and control inspection activities and to enforce requirements as specified by raw materials, ingredients, products and package specifications, and regulatory agencies. Identifies opportunities for innovation with respect to material requirements or components of products and partner with Design Engineering and Supply Chain to determine if suitable material substitutes or product design changes are effective, efficient, and warranted.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages, supports, develops and maintains documents in the Quality Management System.
- Evaluating information to determine compliance with standards.
- Manage the internal quality auditing system.
- Follow up on all CIF issues that become escalated.
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
- Establish new and maintain existing process failure mode and effect analysis, ongoing process control plans and process flow diagrams for all processes.
- Evaluates quality assurance equipment designed by others and participates in Gage R & R studies.
- Provide support for the continuous improvement effort toward tooling and gages.
- Develops and maintains inspection avoiding systems for the plant departments and provide technical support to all production departments to ensure that all product quality requirements are being met.
- Develops and maintains inspection avoiding systems for the plant departments.
- Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product.
- Establish objectives to continuously improve the systems that control product quality and develop advanced quality planning efforts of all new products and processes to ensure product quality.
- Involved in advanced quality planning efforts of all new products and processes to ensure product quality.
- Manages supplier development, quality issues, customer complaints, and corrective actions.
- Monitor all non-conforming traceability issues with internal and external suppliers.
- Approves all supplier PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) activities and process.
- Visit and manage suppliers to verify capacity, machine capability, process control, quality documentation and WOS compliance. This also includes assess risk, witness production runs, approve tooling or anything else needed to verify their performance.
- Represent Webster at the customer’s location in meetings involving quality issues. Manages plant quality systems review.
- Problem solving of Customer Quality issues.
- Coordinate the efforts of the cross-functional teams involved in solving all quality and service concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and/or lead a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions that are data-driven and results oriented
- Experience using creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Committed to being reliable, honest, effective, and passionate about being best
- Organizational skills/multitasking, thoroughness and time management
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Project Management
This position leads, manages and has accountability for all employees of QA and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within. Embrace and cultivate corporate guiding principles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration, moving forklift activity and inbound/outbound freight trucks. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, Exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
There is limited travel with this position to visit suppliers, customers, and other divisions of Webster.
- 50 basis point margin operating profit improvement each year 2021-2023.
- On-time delivery to the 95% or above level, minimize past due order list.
- Inventory turns greater than 5.5 on a FIFO basis.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Base Exempt Salary Range: $60,000 to $75,000
- Incentive Opportunity: Profit Based up to 20% of annual wage at year end.
- Webster Stock Contribution: Between 10% and 20% of annual wage at year end, 1,000 hours of service eligibility.
- Webster 401k Contribution: 5% of pay match.
- Health Savings Account Contribution: $800, $1,600, $2,400 per year.
To Apply: www.websterchain.com
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a focus on Quality
- 1-3 years’ experience
- Competency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated Lean Systems experience/certification
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in mechanical power transmission product design and operations
- Analysis and implementation experience in innovation or R&D processes involved in tooling, machining, punching & stamping, fabrication & welding, and/or heat treatment.
- Experience delivering training materials & programs
- Experience with ISO certification and Quality system
- Experience with Epicor ERP system
- Proficiency in project management technology (Inventor, Solid Works, etc.…)
View Job at OMJ
15 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help