Quality Assurance Technician
Quality Assurance Technician at Mennel Milling Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for...
Job Views ( 10 )
Fostoria, OhioOther County
Quality Assurance Technician at Mennel Milling
Come join our family at Mennel Milling, a 130 year old industry leader who is searching for our leaders of tomorrow. We’d love to talk with you about our progressive company and how you could fit into Team Mennel. Give us a call today!
Competitive pay and benefits. Must pass substance abuse testing, post-offer physical evaluation and background check. See job description listed below. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to meet and exceed expectations of our internal and external customers by conducting required testing ensure compliance with internal/external specifications and all food safety programs. This position will sustain the Mission and Motto and Food Safety and Quality Statement of the Mennel Milling Company.
PRIMARY WORK SHIFT: Works a 12-hour schedule that rotates days of the week; 7PM-7AM. Works overtime as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without accommodation.
• Follow all food and personal safety rules and regulations in respect to GMP’s, OSHA, HACCP, the Global Food Safety Initiative, the US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act as stated in the FS&Q Statement, and sanitation guidelines as set forth by the company as listed in Corporate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) and attend all required training sessions. Maintain the department/facility in an everyday audit ready condition.
• Responsible for testing, and reporting of all analyses for both internal and external customers
• Performs accurate analysis of routine and non-routine samples.
• Promptly communicates important quality, safety, and security concerns to co-workers, and Quality Assurance Manager.
• Calibrate and/or trouble-shoot each analysis, maintaining calibration logs for each of the testing procedures.
• Maintains a clean and orderly work area in addition to assigned sanitation duties
• Serve as the primary coordinator of R&D project testing requests and helps conduct research projects as required.
• Responsible to cover for the Quality Assurance Manager or Lead Quality Assurance Technician in their absence.
• Other duties may be assigned.
This position assists with the direct supervision of seasonal help and new staff training when necessary.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in cereal science, food science, chemistry, biology, biochemistry, analytical instrument, microbiology or related field preferred.
• Ability to pass a Respirator Fit Test and perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job while wearing a respirator.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and organize tasks and follow through to ensure completion of assignments in an efficient and high-quality manner.
• Must exhibit a high aptitude of troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Must have the ability to understand how materials flow through a particular process and/or a sequence of operations.
• Knowledge of and ability to operate Microsoft office software, Internet and Intranet and other computer software to complete essential duties and responsibilities.
• Ability to maintain open communication with both internal and external customers
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, procedures, and plans. Ability to write, complete checklists and other basic documentation and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information or data in one-on-one and small group situations to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must use solid judgment when making decisions. Must have ability to quickly recognize and plan for changing work duties and events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to perform maintenance tasks, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to conditions that are typical to a fast- paced manufacturing environment, including: moving equipment and machinery, dusty, hot/humid, and cold conditions; employee must be willing to work in all weather conditions, at heights, and in the presence of airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment usually requires the use of hearing protection. Work involves exposure to common wheat allergens.
TO APPLY: Go to www.mennel.com/careers
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help