Quality Inspector $17.38 Hourly
Build a meaningful career with a company committed to a cleaner world and a better tomorrow. Graham Packaging is...
Job Views ( 4 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
Graham Packaging is a leading manufacturer of sustainable packaging. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world to provide them with safe, attractive and convenient packaging that meets the demands of today’s consumer.
Our company offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits program. But that’s just the beginning of our story. There are many reasons to launch a career with Graham packaging, here are just a few:
- We offer training and development opportunities so you can advance in your career with Graham.
- We have an excellent safety program, with one of the best safety records in the industry.
- Our employees are proud to share that we treat our workforce like family.
- We believe in open, transparent communications, starting with senior leadership.
- Our company is committed to bringing meaningful change to the sustainability of our products and operations. In 2019 we were honored with the Sustainability Leadership Award from the Business Intelligence Group, and we recently pledged to make all of our products 100% recyclable, compostable or reusable by 2025.
At Graham, we are focused on the possibilities for a better product, a happier customer and a cleaner world. We recognize that when we work together, we can achieve great things. We treat each other with respect, and are united in a shared passion to make sustainable products that make life easier for the consumers who use them.
Come join us in our quest to create a better tomorrow!
Graham Packaging Company is looking for a Quality Inspector located at our Findlay, OH Plant.
This position is for Night Shift which operates during the hours of 6:00 PM – 6:00 AM.
The starting pay for this position is $17.38, which includes a $.75 shift differential for night shift.
The Quality Inspector assures quality of bottles and the final package prior to shipment to the customer. Train new personnel on the importance of quality and on various plant quality systems and issues. The Quality Inspector works closely with the Supervisor and production employees to achieve a quality product. The primary duties of a Quality Inspector include:
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established policies, procedures and recognized practices.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement projects and other related activities as assigned.
- Compare product on each line with the production schedule. Informs Supervisor if items differ and takes appropriate action.
- Visual checks of bottles and box glue patterns on a regular basis for final packaging audits.
- Report all rejected defects to PMTs and Supervisor. Follow through until defect is corrected.
- Follow established procedures for defective products and gives all information to the Supervisor when product is put on “Hold”.
- Report completed rework of defective products data according to established procedures.
- May assist in training as assigned.
- Assist the Supervisor as required.
- Perform specified checks in accordance to Plant’s inspection plan.
- Verify correct operation of in-line inspection devices, i.e. – leak testers, vision systems, metal detectors and other appropriate automated inspection equipment.
- Complete all reports and forms for product and process documentation.
- Enter required data to plant’s Statistical Process Charts (SPC) database.
- Complete written documentation as required.
- Assist in break relieves and helps out in production area when needed.
- Keep Quality Assurance inspection areas clean.
- Communicate about quality with other shifts and departments verbally and through written documents according to established procedures.
- Limited travel may be required.
Quality Inspectors are required to interact with managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed,age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
A minimum of 1 to 3 years in manufacturing required. Minimum of 6 months quality experience preferred.
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help