Radiation Therapy Therapist – PRN
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The Radiation Therapy Therapist is responsible for the administration of radiation therapy services and monitors patient’s reactions. Armes...
Job Views ( 33 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Radiation Therapy Therapist is responsible for the administration of radiation therapy services and monitors patient’s reactions.
Armes Family Cancer Care Center is a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, which provides a total continuum of care to more than 100,000 households in an eight-country area. The Blanchard Valley Health System mission is to provide “Caring for a lifetime”.
Duty 1: The Radiation Therapist schedules patients in an efficient manner to accommodate patients, physicians and staffing schedules.
Duty 2: The Radiation Therapist delivers prescribed planned course of radiation therapy accurately to patients for control of disease process.
Duty 3: The Radiation therapist’s charts treatment records and billing accurately and timely to provide information daily in compliance with state and BVRCC policy and provide quality care.
Duty 4: The Radiation therapist notifies physicians regarding patient care concerns promptly and allows no misunderstanding from missed communications.
Duty 5: The Radiation therapist completes daily assignments and prepares for the next day efficiently and timely to keep department flow organized and patients satisfied.
Duty 6: The Radiation therapist will monitor supplies and equipment continually of offset adverse impact of potential situations dealing with supply and or equipment failure.
Duty 7: The Radiation Therapist will observe radiation safety measures for patients and personnel to be initiated properly to meet state requirement and department safe operating procedures.
Duty 8: Ensures correct CPT codes (Current Procedural Terminology) are being charged and correct encounter type is registered.
Duty 9: Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology and Radiation Therapy Technology required.
* Registered by ARRT.
* Current state of Ohio radiological license in radiation therapy.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements.
* Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* One to two years related work experience.
View Job at OMJ
33 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help