Radiologist’s Secretary – 18 hrs/wk, 1st shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION To supply ample support to the radiologist, radiology staff, and referring physicians. To be the go between...
Job Views ( 10 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
To supply ample support to the radiologist, radiology staff, and referring physicians. To be the go between for current radiologist group, BVHS, staff, and physician offices. To perform other duties required by the hospital and radiologist group including scheduling, ordering office supplies, preparing reports, and helping with projects assigned by management, etc.
Duty 1: Schedules in the Electronic Health Record for Radiology procedures including Cath Lab and IR Procedures, follows the protocol for such scheduling. Reviews physician’s orders for completeness and accuracy. Obtains additional documentation as necessary. Efficient in operation of the document imaging system. Scans and retrieves all pertinent documents, assures that scanned images are legible and of good quality.
Duty 2: Supplies prompt and ample support to the radiologist and the radiology staff by coordinating phone calls, schedules, and meetings.
Duty 3: Understands and Supports software programs used by radiologist. i.e. dictation system, Pacs, EHR, etc.
Duty 4: Shows initiative. Tasks are completed before the end of the shift and aids in the preparation for the next day. Use time wisely, does not allow for unimportant interruptions. Able to multi-task, prioritize work, and complete it in a timely manner.
Duty 5: Modify, Review and create new encounters ensuring the correct encounters are always being used. Enters physician’s orders into the EHR accurately as needed.
Duty 6: Provides exemplary customer service to all individuals. Acts as a liaison between BVHS and the patient/family to resolve issues. Possesses ability to explain procedures, wait time expectations, hospital policies, etc.
Duty 7: Demonstrates good positive communication skills, communicates daily via telephone, fax, email to physicians, referring physicians, offices, patients, to ensure satisfaction of those we serve. Communicates closely with interdepartmental staffs coordinating the schedules and obtaining proper paperwork, orders and previous diagnostic test when needed.
Duty 8: Demonstrates knowledge of the department and management line of authority and follows proper lines of communication. Shows good problem-solving skills yet seeks guidance and direction as necessary. Adheres to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations as they pertain to the department.
* High school graduate or GED equivalent
* Medical Terminology coursework or knowledge
* Typing, Transcription and Computer skills necessary
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Moderate exposure in regard to universal precautions
* Clerical/Receptionist experience with public contact
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help