Registered Polysomnographic Tech – PRN
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of a registered polysomnographer is to provide overnight polysomnogram evaluations. Works under general supervision of...
Job Views ( 9 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of a registered polysomnographer is to provide overnight polysomnogram evaluations. Works under general supervision of the sleep center medical director in operating sophisticated medical diagnostic equipment to record sleep/wake physiology. Responsible for the safe operation of all equipment which includes taking care of equipment specific to maintenance and calibration. Is able to recognize sleep pathology when it occurs in the laboratory and responds with the appropriate interventions to ensure patient safety.
* Duty 1: Verifies orders and reviews charts for pertinent data about medical history and sleep/wake complaints. Completes all necessary paperwork for each study including thorough documentation of all patient observations, interactions, and responses to therapy for effective delivery of care.
* Duty 2: Prepares patients for studies by educating on purpose and procedure and accurately applying electrodes/sensors per policy and procedures.
* Duty 3: Set-up, calibrates, and troubleshoots all monitoring equipment and reports any malfunctioning equipment to maintain quality tracing to have artifact-free signals.
* Duty 4: Follow pre and post test procedures. Recognizes and responds appropriately to patient medical problems and physiological events. Notifies medical director of any patient events that would assist physician in making a diagnosis.
* Duty 5: Follows policy and procedures for PAP and oxygen administration including proper interface fitting, patient demonstration, and titration.
* Duty 6: Removes, cleans and stores patient care equipment according to infection control and department policy and procedures.
* Duty 7: Know how to respond to emergency medical situations per policy and other circumstances as listed in Safety Manual Guidelines. Insures emergency equipment is functioning and available.
* Duty 8: Appropriately handles hazardous materials in accordance with OSHA guidelines to ensure a safe environment according to policy.
* Duty 9: Accurate scoring of studies verified by QA.
* Graduate of a polysomnography education program accredited by the CAAHEP or the CoARC. Registry through the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
* BLS certification required.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status.
* Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Work experience as a Registered Polysomnographer.
* Knowledge of EMR and Sleep Disorder Systems.
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help