Registration Operations Project Coordinator
Position Summary The Registration Operations Project Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Registration and Scheduling, is responsible for the...
Job Views ( 19 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Registration Operations Project Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Registration and Scheduling, is responsible for the general supervision of the day-to-day operations of the service counter, including supervising student employees. This position will provide direct services for students including registration, data verification, application processing, and serve as a team leader for specific services. This position will also be responsible for the coordination of IT project management of the department, including developing a project schedule designed to track projects, resources, project progress and deadlines. This position will work with the Registration and Records leadership team to ensure projects run smoothly by coordinating workflow, scheduling assignments, evaluating the course of the project and reporting its status to the management. Finally, the position may assess a finish process for effectiveness and any changes.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and plan for project management activities, collaborate with Registration and Records Management group, ITS, and related areas to plan, identify resources, equipment and information. Plan and manage team goals, project schedules and new information on projects. Manage project-related paperwork, training guides, historical narratives, etc. by ensuring all necessary materials are current, properly filed and stored. Monitor project progress and act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
- Supervises student employees at the services counter. This entails answering phones, greeting visitors, answering questions, and providing accurate information on services offered in all areas of the Office of Registration and Records. Coordinates departmental mail processing; Assigns daily, weekly, and monthly jobs to the student workers.
- Direct project correspondences by preparing and reviewing project proposals, memos, meeting minutes and emails. Use tools to monitor working hours and plans.
- Assists the registration area of the office which includes assisting departments and college offices with registration processing; processing of readmission and guest applications; and processing of schedule change forms. Review business practices related to registration and student support services to recommend changes for efficiency/effectiveness.
- Serves as team leader for processing ad hoc enrollment verifications by reviewing records and providing letters of verifications. This includes verifying enrollment and degrees with the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Supports and maintains registration related system setup term-to-term.
- Hires, trains, schedules, approves time sheets, evaluates, and terminates students associated with the services counter.
- Maintains Selective Service compliance for BGSU students in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code, Section 3345.32.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 352. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: April 30, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to collaborate with diverse groups of individuals
- Ability to lead and direct students and staff without supervisory authority
- Ability to use a word processing, database, and internet programs
Bachelor’s degree required. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 1-2 years’ experience in an administrative office
The following experience is preferred:
- 1-2 years student supervision experience preferred
- Familiarity with processes related to higher education preferred
View Job at OMJ
19 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help