Position Summary The Research Coordinator will provide the following services: Supervise undergraduate students in laboratory and field operations Organize, manage, and...
Job Views ( 6 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Research Coordinator will provide the following services:
- Supervise undergraduate students in laboratory and field operations
- Organize, manage, and optimize operations of the laboratory and field research
- Working with scientists of the Lake Erie Area Research Network (LEARN) and the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) in a study of the effects of a large number of new and restored wetlands on the levels of phosphorus and nitrogen delivered to the associated watershed
- Generate reports as required by grant agencies and for other purposes for this project.
- Ability to identify wetlands plants from across Ohio
- This is a temporary, full-time position. The position is a grant-funded position and is contingent upon the availability of future external funding.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Communicate as needed with the project PI and all stakeholders including BGSU students serving as research assistants and other scientists who are collaborating in this project as well as the staff of the LEARN and ODNR.
- Gather data from all relevant sources to ensure that complete information is obtained for fulfilling the goals of the project including gathering data from previous reports and by performing numerous, complex scientific measurements and data collection using the approved protocols established in this research group and relying on specialized expertise.
- Analyze the data collected so as to fulfill the goals of the project using appropriate mathematical and data visualization tools.
- Complete all reports that present the data, analyses, findings, and recommendations fulfilling the requirements of the project.
- Train, schedule, oversee, and manage student research assistants and any other employees associated with the project in the laboratory and field research protocols and other testing procedures and data analysis and reporting as needed, and manage laboratory and field resources to optimally achieve project outcomes.
- Attend meetings with PI, research assistants and other project staff to determine policies and procedures and to report on day-to-day operations.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: April 23, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Use of computer programs used in research including the Miscrosoft Office Package and ability to use MS Word to generate reports, MS Excel to analyze data, and MS Powerpoint to prepare and give scientific research presentations.
- Use of ArcGIS software to interpret and possibly edit maps of field sites
- Operation of laboratory equipment and instrumentation common in research labs including balances, ovens, mills, and others.
- Ability to navigate and operate in wet and dry field sites including wetlands by wading and in floating craft such as canoes, kayaks, and boats.
- Ability to identify wetland plants from across Ohio.
- Ability to carefully extract root systems, which involves digging in both dry and inundated conditions
Master’s degree in an area of environmental science or biology or a related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the University’s vehicle use policy.
The following experience is required:
- 2 or more years of plant identification and field and laboratory research experience. 4 years’ experience can come from graduate student work.
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help