Residence Hall Director
Position Summary The Residence Hall Director facilitates daily operations of a residence hall housing between 300 to 1000 students and is...
Job Views ( 6 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
The Residence Hall Director facilitates daily operations of a residence hall housing between 300 to 1000 students and is responsible for creating a diverse, academically conducive, secure and healthy residential community while providing intentional programming to assist with the psychosocial development needs of students and implementing the learning outcomes of the University and the Division of Student Affairs. In addition, Residence Hall Directors oversee the operations of the residence hall, facilitate an educational student conduct process, and supervise part-time, graduate, and undergraduate staff.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Education and Academic Success- Assist with student retention, transition, and academic success. Create academically-focused residential environment that supports student success. Serve as a student conduct hearing officer with emphasis placed on educational conduct. When appropriate, refer serious violations to the Office of the Dean of Students. Integrate diversity education throughout community development programming initiatives. Teach an accredited RA Training Course and/or similar. Provide a designated level of academic advising support to students in collaboration with respective advising offices. Provide a basic, designated level of career development and exploration in collaboration with Career Services.
- Programming, Leadership, and Community Development- Coordinate and implement community development and educational activities within the residence hall through student staff. Develop a vision for the residence hall community by coordinating educational and developmental activities in the residence halls. Regularly evaluate and assess programming and community development efforts through formal and informal processes. Program of high profile campus events which may include opening week, Homecoming Week, Family Weekend, Sibs and Kids Weekend, athletic events, and Preview days.
- Supervision and Recruitment of Staff- Recruit and train 9-22 resident advisors, 1-2 graduate assistant(s), a Student Administrative Assistant, Administrative Resident Advisor, and desk workers as applicable. Coordinate and facilitate weekly staff meetings.
- Student Issues, Hall Safety and Crisis Management- Respond to emergencies, crisis situations, and student issues. Serve as a liaison with Facilities Services to ensure safety, maintenance and appearance of the residence hall. Participate in a rotating duty schedule year-round that handles situations as appropriate. Counsel students to support their personal, academic, and emotional wellbeing as needed. Collaborate with campus partners for referrals as needed to support students in their holistic wellness.
- Administrative- Assist with BGSU and Residence Life student recruitment efforts. Assist with room assignment and room change processes. Perform administrative tasks and procedures in support of residence hall and departmental functioning. Administer residence hall budget to include purchasing, categorizing and reconciling/entering/reporting financial statement. Serve on Division-wide and/or Departmental committees in consultation with and approval by supervisor.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
Residence Hall Director is a full-time, 12-month, live-in administrative staff position. Base salary is approximately $36,000 and includes housing accommodations and meal plan. Staff housing accommodations will be provided during the 12-month period of employment (2021-2022 fiscal year). All utilities including water, heat, electricity, basic telephone service, internet connection, and cable service are provided at no additional cost. Employment typically begins on July 1* and extends through June 30. This recruitment is for multiple full-time positions, full benefit package is available.
Deadline to apply: May 10, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Candidate would benefit from a knowledge of college student development theory. Experience presenting or facilitating workshops and training sessions. Knowledge or experience of supervision practice and theory. Experience working with a student conduct process. Knowledge of residence hall or housing operations and procedures. The ability to make sound judgements about safety. The ability to make referrals to other office or agencies. Excellent interpersonal and written communication and administrative skills and a demonstrated desire to work with diverse individuals and groups. Basic computer skills, budget management skills, and creative problem solving.
Master’s Degree is required. Successful candidate must have Master’s degree conferred and official transcripts indicating such before start date.
The following experience is also required:
- 1 year of supervisory experience*
- 1 year of general residence life or housing experience*
- 1 year of crisis management or participation and or on-call rotation*
*Experiences listed above can be gained through 1 year of graduate assistant experience
View Job at OMJ
6 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help