PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The purpose of this position is to prepare and engage future pharmacist’s for leadership roles with an...
Job Views ( 9 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to prepare and engage future pharmacist’s for leadership roles with an emphasis on providing safety-focused pharmaceutical care in a technologically advanced environment. This position will work closely with the physicians and nursing staff to coordinate the daily care of our patients as well as providing cost effective therapy. Other areas of involvement include:
* Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting
* Drug Use Evaluation
* Medication Use Indicators
* Quality Improvement
* Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
* Pharmaceutical Education
* Discharge medication counseling
* TPN monitoring
* Wellness, preventative screenings, and medication therapy management (MTM)
* Anticoagulation therapy and other ambulatory care programs
* Duty 1: Develop clinical and professional skills by conducting a variety of wellness, preventative screenings, MTM, and condition care activities to improve the overall health of the clients we serve.
* Duty 2: Develop into a well rounded healthcare professional by having opportunity to perform clinical duties for inpatient services including but not limited to critical care, infectious disease, and cardiology.
* Duty 3: Develop teaching skills through mentored experiences and didactic, laboratory, and clinical teaching of student pharmacists.
* Duty 4: Complete and lead a research project in its entirety, including drafting the proposal, conducting the research, analyzing the results, and presenting the findings in a formal setting such as a regional or national convention. Publication in a professional journal is also encouraged.
* Duty 5: Completes a teaching certificate course
* Duty 6: Ability to perform staff pharmacist functions up to 12 hours per week
* Duty 7: Performs discharge counseling functions including medication reconciliation.
* Duty 8: Participates in multidisciplinary teams and actively engages with other healthcare professionals on the overall care of our patients
* Duty 9: Participates in leadership activities including but not limited to JCAHO accreditation, performance improvement projects, medication safety initiatives, and staff development functions.
* Pharm D. Degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy
* Eligibility for Licensure as a pharmacist in Ohio
* Must be licensed as a Pharmacy Intern by the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy by July 1 while awaiting licensure as a registered pharmacist.
* Must attain licensure as a Registered Pharmacist by October 15 th of the current residency year.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department.
* The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
View Job at OMJ
9 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help