Respiratory Care Professional – PRN
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION Perform therapeutic, diagnostic and monitoring procedures in the clinical respiratory care setting. Participates in patient and family...
Job Views ( 0 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Perform therapeutic, diagnostic and monitoring procedures in the clinical respiratory care setting. Participates in patient and family teaching.
Duty 1: RCP administers medications and performs duties per policies and procedures while maintaining a high level of service and quality. Is able to multi-task work in a timely manner and adjusts to busy or stressful situations easily.
Duty 2: RCP trained in the following will institute and assist with emergency measures such as Code Blue. Proficiency in infant, pediatric and adult ventilator support including CPAP and BiPAP to provide qualified emergency care to patients.
Duty 3: RCP will assess and document patient respiratory status which includes reviewing all orders written by provider, reporting any problems to other members of the health care team and follow with proper documentation and goal setting to provide timely and accurate reporting. Coordinates with other departments to enhance productivity and customer satisfaction.
Duty 4: RCP will ensure that the use of all equipment and supplies are maintained to provide the economical and safe use thereof.
Duty 5: RCP provides education to staff, patients and family members to have clear communication between Pulmonary Services and other BVHS associates and customers
Duty 6: RCP participates in the departmental process of: improvement projects, revising policies / procedures and equipment needs, then assists in implementing the change for the efficient delivery of care.
Duty 7: Follows department line of management, as well as demonstrates good problem solving skills, and seeks guidance as needed. Demonstrates knowledge to improvise when situations are not normal. Strives to educate self, regarding new equipment, procedures and protocols.
* Graduate of an approved school for respiratory care.
* Licensed as a Respiratory Care Professional by the State of Ohio.
* RRT credentialed by the NBRC, no exception for those graduating in 2015 or beyond.
* Successfully completes ACLS, BCLS, PALS and NRP within 3 months of hire.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Experience performing EKG’s
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate must be able to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires excellent eye-hand coordination, grasping, pushing, pulling and fine finger manipulation. The individual must be able to reach work above the shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision, hearing in the normal range and excellent verbal communication skills.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
0 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help