Respiratory Care Professional
The purpose of this position is to perform diagnostic, therapeutic and monitoring procedures as directed and in accordance with federal,...
Job Views ( 32 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
The purpose of this position is to perform diagnostic, therapeutic and monitoring procedures as directed and in accordance with federal, state, local and departmental guidelines and regulations governing our facility.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment.
During the performance process, please assess the level at which the staff member achieves the job accountabilities. Please use the “Comments” section to document specific examples of performance issues, staff member’s strengths and/or shortcomings, areas of suggested performance improvement and other comments as appropriate to further the staff member’s growth and development.
Duty 1: Performs patient assessment within the recommended time frame as well as goal setting activities with the patient to determine the course of physician prescribed therapy.
Duty 2: Identifies, documents and educates the patient on any and all potential problems they may be having as it relates to current respiratory therapy administration.
Duty 3: Communicates pertinent patient information to the physician office, family members, patient, other health care organizations.
Duty 5: Provides appropriate equipment selection for purpose of treating the patient in a safe, economical and cost conscious manner to derive the most desirable results.
Duty 6: Assists and develops educational respiratory programs for associates at Birchaven and Independence House.
Duty 7: Works with respiratory therapist from outside entities such as NOME and follows established protocols.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
You are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
* Graduate of an AMA approved school for respiratory care.
* Maintain current state licensure and registration by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
* Owns a vehicle to use during scheduled work/call hours.
* A valid driver’s license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within one year of your residency in the state) and you must also meet BVHS’s company fleet policy requirements.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
* Experience in respiratory care preferred.
* Have knowledge of all sick room supplies and ambulatory aids preferred.
This position requires a full range of body motions with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, sit for four to six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel and community involvement.
View Job at OMJ
32 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.