Restricted Fund Specialist & Debit Card Program Manager
Position Summary Provides financial oversight and management for externally funded federal, state and local grants and contracts awarded to...
Job Views ( 3 )
Bowling Green, OhioWood County
Provides financial oversight and management for externally funded federal, state and local grants and contracts awarded to the University. Manages all Department Budget Tables (256 currently) associated with restricted funds to include retroactive payroll adjustments, compliance and accounting. Administers the University-wide debit card program and international travel funding as well as foreign vendor payments.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyze, and interpret contract specifications, guidelines, and regulations. Research supplemental guidelines on sponsor websites and in RFPs for additional restrictions. Continuously monitor OMB Uniform Guidance and NSF, HHS, NIH, ED guides for updated policies and procedures.
- Monitor and manage budget and expenditures along with all aspects of the grant to ensure compliance with sponsor terms and conditions, OMB Uniform Guidance, and University policies is maintained. Review payroll and expense paperwork, journal transfers, and electronic expense report submissions, evaluate whether expenses are reasonable and allocable, and approve or deny the expenses based on appropriate guidelines. Analyze and reconcile accounts timely to prevent potential problems and determine solutions for current issues. Secure and file appropriate documentation.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, final, and as needed financial and closeout reports. Identify and complete all appropriate fiscal reports and invoices based on interpretation of contract language, sponsor guidelines, and appropriate laws and regulations including cost share reporting, technical reports, and/or assisting in progress reports. Develop appropriate invoicing and reporting schedules and meet strict deadlines. Navigate and utilize various sponsor electronic submission systems such as ERA Commons, Fastlane, CCIP, etc.
- Manage, research and process all restricted funds related payroll initial set-ups, retroactive adjustments and prospective changes across the entire population of University grants and restricted funds. Acquire and maintain copies of payroll contracts, ensure appropriate approvals are obtained and monitor payroll compliance with federal, state, local, university, and sponsor policies. Monitor and oversee federal Time and Effort Certifications. Track supplemental payments in accordance with CBA. Calculating cost percentages by grant source, setting up budget defaults in HCM and addressing discrepancy among earnings, deductions and tax funding sources for individual employees that can be driven by various calculation engines formulae.
- Work with and train principal investigators (PI’s), budget administrators, and grant secretaries on grant conditions, reporting and documentation requirements along with FMS navigation and training. Review grant conditions with PI and ensure appropriate procedures are being followed. Provide resources and contacts for charging expenses to the grants. Meet with PI’s to discuss and resolve grant related issues. Collaborate with sponsors for appropriate prior approval requests, extensions, budget revisions, general questions, and collection of accounts receivable.
- Manage the University debit card program to include compliance, card issuance, transaction management, loading/sweeping balances, account reconciliation and financial institution software management.
- Manage all international travel funding requests involving in-country payments by way of cash advance and debit cards. This involves working closely with International Programs and reviewing budget and advance requests for reasonableness. A review of the countries financial systems and local funding/payment capabilities will be necessary to ensure that payment methods are appropriate for the host country as well as effective for the vendor and locale. More secure payment transfers and channels are preferred and will need actively managed during the travel period. International wires may need initiated based on needs.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 355. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Deadline to apply: July 19, 2021
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with foreign (non-US) vendors and business practices
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid knowledge of federal and state compliance regulations; substantial experience with budgeting and accounting procedures; ability to train other support staff; and ability to set priorities and work comfortably in fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Familiar with PeopleSoft
In addition to your cover letter and resume, you will be required to upload a written response to the diversity and inclusion question listed below. The Diversity Statement should not exceed 1 page that is double-spaced with 1-inch margins, using 12pt. font.
- Is there a way you envision diversity and inclusion playing a role in this position? Please explain your answer.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application.
The following experience is required:
- 1 year experience in payroll
- 1 year experience in payable systems and/or compliance
- 3 years experience in general business environment
View Job at OMJ
3 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help