Retail Sales Associate/Cashier
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier in Bettsville The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for greeting and providing customers with fast, friendly service and quality products...
Job Views ( 7 )
Bettsville, OhioOther County
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier in Bettsville
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for greeting and providing customers with fast, friendly service and quality products in a very busy local convenience store. The Retail Sales Associate is to perform all related job functions, and needs to be cross-trained in all appropriate Food Service preparation and sales skills. These functions are necessarily closely related and can and will be performed by the same individual as time, schedules, workload, customer traffic and store layout dictate. The Retail Sales Associate assists the store management team in operating the store in accordance with established and accepted company policies.
Retail Sales Associates report directly to General Manager with functional responsibility to the Deli Manager as assignments and schedules dictate.
Retail Sales Associate Responsibilities:
- Provide courteous and efficient customer service by greeting all customers with a smile and assist customers in a friendly, courteous manner which will provide a guest friendly environment. Maintain outstanding guest service standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of guest services.
- Solicits customers to apply for proprietary credit card based on brand of site.
- Assists in processing and replenishing merchandise, participate in receiving and monitoring floor stock. Face and front all product lines.
- Arranges merchandise on gondolas and perform/assists in maintaining non-promotional signs on the sales floor according to Company standards. Perform/Assists in resolving price conflicts of shelf tags, changeable copy/POS signs and corporate price book.
- Identifies and communicates merchandising and sales floor operational opportunities to Store Management staff.
- Maintain interior and exterior store appearance according to company housekeeping standards.
- Assists in the maintenance of Company stockroom capacity and organizational guidelines.
- Adherence to Company policy and procedures is required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Must operate and use all equipment necessary to run store.
- Operation of cash register and responsibility for cash accountability.
- Completes shift paperwork and other paperwork, such as: price changes, transfers, etc. as directed by Supervisor.
- Performs/assists in other duties as assigned. Examples may include, but are not limited to price changes, tag audits, stocking merchandise, sales floor and outside lot housekeeping duties, preparation and taking of inventory, and stock room organization.
Deli Associate Responsibilities:
- Work with the Deli Manager to understand proper deli food product storage and maintenance. Assure that food products are maintained and stored per company policy.
- Work with the Deli Manager to set the food preparation schedule for the day. Understand menu components, ingredients and perform food preparation functions as instructed. Preparing product to specifications set by management to ensure fresh and ready products are always available for sale
- Continuously monitor inventory and POS supplies for coffee products, other dispensed beverages, cups, creamers, stirrers, napkins, etc. Assure these areas are always well stocked. Clean these areas along with any store seating locations to assure they are presentable to customers.
- Continuously monitor inventory of purchased-for-resale merchandise items classified in the deli category. Work with the Deli Manager to assure adequate inventories of these items are maintained and orders are placed on a timely basis. Routinely check sell by dates and assure fresh and saleable products are maintained at all times. Refer any questionable items to the Deli Manager for proper disposition per company policy. Assure these areas are always well stocked. Clean these areas to assure they are presentable to customers.
- Assure that all deli customers are attended to on a timely basis, always with a positive and friendly approach. Suggest specials and products that will promote great customer service
- Help evaluate usage and report to management to help ensure great product at all times
- Learn how to operate all equipment associated with your area and facility. Assure that equipment and deli facilities are clean and up to company and state and local regulatory standards. Continually clean and sanitize foodservice area to Serve Safe standards set forth by management
- To complete all opening, shift, and closing duties and prepare food service area for day’s business
- Provide courteous and efficient customer service by greeting all customers with a smile and assist customers in a friendly, courteous manner which will provide a guest friendly environment. Maintain outstanding guest service standards, solid product knowledge and all other components
* Job responsibilities may change at any time due to business needs.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis.
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the areas of the store location.
- Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others.
The effectiveness of the Sales/Deli Associate position will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- The completion of an annual Employee Performance Review by the General Manager.
- Consistent adherence to company policies and procedures
- Arriving at work on time per schedule
- Limited absences
- Cleanliness and efficiency of deli operations and assigned store areas
- Maintenance of a high level of customer service for the assigned store and deli operations
- Ratings of assigned store via Mystery Shopper and other independent store evaluation programs.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 1 year of experience in food service restaurant or at the C-Store of QSR level.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Achieving ServSafe Certification within 3 months of hire/promotion.
- Must be able to work with minimum amount of supervision under stressful conditions
Physical Demands and Environmental Condition Requirements
Occasional: Walking, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs., pushing and pulling, climbing, stooping, forward bending, squatting, reaching, use of hands and feet, exposure to hot and cold temperatures, weather, atmospheric conditions..
Frequent: Standing, sitting, driving, use of hands, talking, hearing, seeing.
View Job at OMJ
7 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help