Retail Store Assistant Manager
JOB TITLE: RETAIL DIVISION ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt MISSION OF GOODWILL Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio, Inc. is a nonprofit, 501c3...
Job Views ( 10 )
Tiffin, OhioOther County
JOB TITLE: RETAIL DIVISION ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
MISSION OF GOODWILL
Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio, Inc. is a nonprofit, 501c3 corporation whose mission is to assist individuals with barriers to employment become self-sufficient through employment training and opportunities. Since 1933 we have assisted thousands of individuals throughout Northwest Ohio to become economically independent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct the daily retail store operations in the absence of the Store Manager. Supervise staff and provide workers with their daily list of assignments. Follow up with the employees to ensure work is getting done properly and in a timely manner. Monitor store budget.
- Direct merchandising, staffing and inventories in conjunction with the direction of the Store Manager.
- Insure that the policies and procedures of the retail operations are followed. Aid in producing and developing sales, production and staffing reports.
- Insure adequate inventories through communication of needs and rotation of merchandise.
- Supervise employees in proper sales techniques and procedures in the absence of the Store Manager. Assist in selection, training and scheduling.
- Maintain good customer relations. Resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain good morale among staff.
- Assist with the direction of the processing and preparation of donated goods.
- Assist in developing and procuring goals to attain revenue and expense budgets.
- Advise the Store Manager of operational problems, maintenance requirements, unsafe conditions and general store operations.
- Obey all OSHA regulations and safety requirements. Promote good safety work habits. Report any safety violations or safety related problems to the Store Manager. Instruct all employees in proper lifting techniques and use of available equipment as well as other proper safety procedures. Also instruct staff how to properly read and use the MSDS book, as well as the first aid kit.
- Maintain work area by keeping it clean and free of debris at all times. Work areas must be maintained according to the posted schematics. “Stashes” of merchandise are expressly prohibited. The only time an employee may shop, or make a purchase is when the employee does not work in their store that day. They may however, shop at any other store location at any other time. Shopping and/or making a purchase is permitted on the sales floor only and is strictly prohibited in the production room.
- Report any unauthorized shopping, purchasing or “stashing” of merchandise or requests of the aforementioned immediately to your supervisor. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action.
OCCASIONAL DUTIES OR SPECIAL ASSIGNMENTS:
- Must work flexible hours and weekends. Travel for meetings and training as required
- Plan, schedule, assign and monitor work of others.
- Responsible for safety of those assigned to work area.
- Provide a positive role model.
- Cooperate with other departments/stores.
- Determine performance standards.
- Promote client development.
- Understand and implement Agency mission.
- Train employees and/or clients.
- Assure compliance with Agency policies.
- Represent the Agency to outside groups/businesses.
- Prepare and/or approve reports.
- Evaluate the performance of other employees.
- Maintain records and files.
- Comply with and monitor safety programs.
- Promote a spirit of teamwork.
- Effectively and productively manage time.
- Maintain an acceptable quantity and quality of work.
- Attend meetings and training programs as directed.
- Perform any and all duties deemed necessary by the Agency.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Store Manager
EMPLOYEES DIRECTLY SUPERVISED:
Supervisory Personnel: 0 – 2
- Head Cashier
Hourly Personnel: 6 +
- Customer Service Representatives
- Donated Goods Processors
- Utility Clerks
- Good written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Prior supervisory experience, preferably in a retail establishment.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with the public.
- Ability to arrange an appropriate store layout to enhance sales.
- High school education with some college courses preferred.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE SKILLS: Electronic POS terminal, calculator, fax machine.
Any combination of training, education and work experience that indicates possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities required to adequately perform the job duties.
View Job at OMJ
10 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help