RN Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab (PRN)
Job Description PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION This position is responsible for evaluating & developing treatment plans for both...
Job Views ( 16 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
This position is responsible for evaluating & developing treatment plans for both Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehab patient populations. Assists in supervising patient exercise sessions. Participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively with patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
* Duty 1: Assesses the patients’ condition and nursing needs, sets goals, and prescribes appropriate nursing actions to meet those goals and the physical, psychological, social and rehabilitative needs of the patient, including discharge planning.
* Duty 2: Documents identification of patient needs, appropriate nursing interventions and client responses. Completes patient reports for physicians per policy and procedure.
* Duty 3: Identifies educational needs of the patient, significant others and staff. Utilizes teaching opportunities to assist in goal achievement.
* Duty 4: Identifies advanced dysrhythmias and provides appropriate interventions according to established policies and procedures.
* Duty 5: Remains proficient and current on national guidelines for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, including Medicare/Medicaid and third party requirements and compliance.
* Duty 6: Evaluates and intervenes, using appropriate protocol, if any undesirable reaction to exercise occurs and reports information to appropriate person.
* Duty 7: Participates in community educational activities or service programs regarding issues of Cardiac Rehabilitation, heart health, or other related issues.
* Duty 8: Conducts emergency procedures as needed. Demonstrates ability to perform CPR, defibrillation or synchronized cardio version.
* Duty 9: Maintains a safe environment for self, patient, visitors, and other health care professionals with consistent use of safety standards/policies and procedures.
* Duty10: Maintains HIPPA and confidentiality guidelines as per hospital policy and procedure.
* Current RN license in the state of Ohio
* BLS / ACLS Certifications
* Willingness to teach educational classes to participants and public
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* Experience with supervision of patient care during exercise and exercise prescriptions
* Commitment to healthy life style as a model for patients and staff
Occasionally travels from rehabilitation area to acute-care hospital to commute between main department office and acute-care treatment locations for possible referral contacts. Occasionally climbs stairs, foot stools during exercise sessions and in emergency situations (e.g., CPR, fire.) Occasionally sits for monitoring, evaluating, documenting and obtaining patient information. Occasionally transports patient folders, treatment materials and office supplies. Associate must be able to exert 25 lbs of pressure for management of code blue in an emergency situation.
View Job at OMJ
16 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help