RN – CDS2 36 hrs/wk, 1st shift
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The primary purpose of your job description is to assess, plan, direct, administer, teach and evaluate nursing...
Job Views ( 4 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of your job description is to assess, plan, direct, administer, teach and evaluate nursing care; to ensure quality and efficiency according to established policies and procedures, and especially the performance of job-related technical skills.
Duty 1: Ensures complete patient assessments and formulates an individualized plan of care.
Duty 2: Manages emotional and physical pain and promotes comfort based on standards of care and protocol.
Duty 3: Functions as a team member and works collaboratively and interdependently in the surgical role.
Duty 4: Assumes an active role in keeping informed regarding changes in policies, surgical procedures and equipment.
Duty 5: Supports the implementation of clinical changes and evidence based practices.
Duty 6: Tailors nursing care to meet the age specific and developmentally appropriate patient care.
Duty 7: Demonstrates knowledge of standards that reflect professional and JAHO guidelines for care and recognizes personal accountability for the guidelines.
Duty 8: Demonstrates appropriate isolation techniques and procedures in accordance with universal precautions to maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Duty 9: Demonstrates knowledge in correct use of all forms and documentation utilized in day to day operations of the department.
Duty 10: Maintains an awareness and demonstrates an understanding of the surgical patient’s need for comfort, positioning, safety and follows through to provide needed services.
Duty 11: Demonstrates cost effective awareness and practices efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies and equipment.
Duty 12: Assures patient’s rights to confidentiality of care and treatment.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing and a current Ohio RN license.
* Knowledge of instruments and medically related equipment for minor and endoscopic procedures.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/ department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Special care training.
* ACLS certification.
* Experience in surgery, minor surgery, endoscopy or emergency room nursing.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more and lift work above the shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The individual must have good eye/hand coordination and fine finger dexterity.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens. (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help