RN Critical Care Hemodialysis
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION The RN shall be responsible for delivering appropriate care to the patient with acute or chronic renal...
Job Views ( 4 )
Findlay, OhioHancock County
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The RN shall be responsible for delivering appropriate care to the patient with acute or chronic renal failure in the hospital setting. In addition, the RN will be classified as a competent critical care RN who may be assigned to either the inpatient dialysis room or the critical care areas. The RN shall report to the Manager of intensive care unit (ICU), and shall follow general hospital policy and procedures. The RN shall also receive direction from the Director of Nursing and Medical Director.
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Establishes and maintains communication, and utilizes teaching opportunities to provide for the specific learning needs of each patient and their significant other(s).
Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served on their unit.
Duty 4: Collaborates with Provider regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 5: Demonstrates accountability and leadership in the performance of LPN’s, Nurse Aides, Orderlies, and Secretaries to ensure quality of patient care and promotion of team collaboration.
Duty 6: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 7: Maintains all department and unit specific competencies for provision of patient care.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing and a current Ohio License as a Registered Nurse
* Basic Cardiac Life Support required (BLS)
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
* Minimum 1 Year Critical Care Experience
* Maximum exposure in regard to universal precautions
* Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures.
* Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
* 3 years of acute care experience
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift fifty pounds or more. The position requires individuals to lift work above the shoulders. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
View Job at OMJ
4 total views
We are proud to offer priority of services to U.S. Military Veterans and eligible spouses.
OhioMeansJobs and Economic Development Partner Develop Resources to Help Employers Find Skilled Workers
OhioMeansJobs Hancock is partnering with Findlay-Hancock County Economic Development to help employers find skilled workers for their job openings.
OhioMeansJobs- Hancock offers several free business development resources designed to help